IGNORED

The Intellivision Story

Interesting! It does make you wonder why games companies back then hadn't heard of the word "diversify". If your own console is sliding into oblivion then why not change direction and program for the market leader?

On a side note I found the background music in the video quite annoying.

What do you mean GroovyBee?

Intellivision made games for Atari, Coleco, IBM etc.

Coleco made shitty games for Atari and Intellivision.

Atari made games for EVERYBODY....Commodore, TI, Intellivision, Colecovision, Apple etc, etc. etc......

Intellivision 3 would have been a cool product, but I think the NES would still have killed it.

I agree Atari is not the old Atari we loved as kids...

But if Intellivision lost over 200 Million dollars in 83-84 I can only imagine how much Colecovision lost.

They had a ton more of hardware that cost more money to produce.

Atari?? I don't know if they lost as much, But they had a ton of money tied up in multiple computers and the 5200.

I guess the Commodore 64 was very strong through this time, but so many great games came out for it, it would be difficult to compete. Atari may have scrapped by because of the C64? and already having arcade licenses...

I think atari was silly producing carts for the C64... The cost was so much higher than floppies. But I guess that was antipiracy back in the day.

Looking forward to playing some of your new games on the Intellivsion GroovyBee!

But if Intellivision lost over 200 Million dollars in 83-84 I can only imagine how much Colecovision lost.

They had a ton more of hardware that cost more money to produce.

Atari?? I don't know if they lost as much, But they had a ton of money tied up in multiple computers and the 5200.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but maybe if Intellivision acted sooner they would have come up with a plan. Perhaps they did but the juggernaut collision was inevitable.

I guess the Commodore 64 was very strong through this time, but so many great games came out for it, it would be difficult to compete. Atari may have scrapped by because of the C64? and already having arcade licenses...

On my side of the pond (UK) we had the ZX Spectrum, C64, Amstrad CPC and Atari 8 bit home computers all competing for gamers money. I think they all got their fair share of arcade ports (some official and some not).

I think atari was silly producing carts for the C64... The cost was so much higher than floppies. But I guess that was antipiracy back in the day.

In the UK the tape was king for most people. However tapes and floppies were easy to copy (especially tapes). Needing a flash programmer to pirate a cart meant that piracy was minimal on that media format. Maybe that's why they did it?

Looking forward to playing some of your new games on the Intellivsion GroovyBee!

After developing on the 7800 and XM I'm looking forward to getting back to the Inty. I'm hoping that Inty development can start up again after Easter. I have some ideas for original games for it, which I need to flesh out into something workable. I suspect that my first title after Easter will be arcade style.