IGNORED

Fishing Resort!? Where have you been all my life?

jerseystyle

got this game on our Mail Call shipment two weeks ago and man- so good. I have to say (as a fan of fishing games) this might be the best one I have ever played. The graphics are a mix of wii sports resort cuteness and realistic environments. The gameplay, though, is awesome. Very deep (tons of places to go/fishes to catch/things to do) and the motion controls work very well. One of those games, like Godfather Blackhand, Skyward Sword, and Wii Sports Resort where the motion really adds to the game. And it costs me 20$. I am in love. If anyone is looking for a mellow, but well done, game to play during the last days of the Wii, I would strongly recommend picking this one up. I have spent all day at school (when not teaching kids of course) pondering what set of lures I was gonna buy when I got home.

Edited by mlippart
  • Like 2

yeah, you totally should. The aquarium feature alone is a lot of fun (much better than the Endless Ocean one). I haven't even been to all ten fishing spots yet, because I have spent most of my money on gear and aquarium upgrades. There is much more to this game than it would appear from the back of the box, trust me.

• 4 months later...

My 2 boys & I really got into this awhile back (IIRC bought it because of this topic) but haven't played recently. Got back into GC Animal Crossing though after 4-5 months. Neighbors not recognizing me & man were there a lot of weeds to pick.

I see this game in my local Toys R Us for thirty bucks, it's the version that comes with the reel. Should I get this version? Seems a like a good price since eBay lists the game alone for at least that much.

I'm assuming the fishing reel is a useless attachment and you all play with just the Wiimote and Nunchuck? Or is it noticably better with the plastic reel connected?

fishing_resort_wii_sao-con.jpg

Game only is $15 used at GameStop, that's where I got mine around when this topic began.

Controls are straightforward & work well, no need to complicate them w/ the attachment, unless realism is your thing.

Edited by RJ

There is a video of the PR rep from XSeed showing off the game, and she is playing it without the plastic junk just fine.

Yeam I have been hovering around think about getting this title for a while as well. I just spend too damn much on Wii games already,

Edited by donssword