IGNORED

Got my 5200 and games last night!

Adrian M

I am now the proud owner of a 2-port 5200 which I acquired via a trade for my Jaguar and some games. I played it for countless hours last night and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised at how addictive the games are. Sure beats emulating them with Jum 0.5.2.

I was also surprised at how large the console is. I've heard about it being rather big, but was still surprised when actually seeing it in person for the first time in ages.

I should be noted that I traded with a fellow Atariage board member (marialover) and that the trade went through flawlessly.

To answer your question, here's what I got in my 5200 bundle:

1. 5200 console and all cables/adapters

2. 2 working joysticks

3. Wico joystick with keypad cable

4. Trackball

5. Space Invaders

6. Defender

7. Star Trek

8. Miner 2049 (awesome game by the way!!)

9. PacMan (best variant of Pacman on any Atari console!!)

10. Centipede

11. Super Breakout

There may be others, but I can't remember right now. These games are a lot of fun! It takes some time to get used to the non-centering analog controllers (although the Wico joystick does have an auto-centering mode), but I quickly got used to it. The trackball is really great as well!

Needless to say, I'm enjoying my new toy!

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

I should be noted that I traded with a fellow Atariage board member (marialover) and that the trade went through flawlessly.

To answer your question, here's what I got in my 5200 bundle:

1. 5200 console and all cables/adapters

2. 2 working joysticks

3. Wico joystick with keypad cable

4. Trackball

5. Space Invaders

6. Defender

7. Star Trek

8. Miner 2049 (awesome game by the way!!)

9. PacMan (best variant of Pacman on any Atari console!!)

10. Centipede

11. Super Breakout

12. Q*Bert

There may be others, but I can't remember right now. These games are a lot of fun! It takes some time to get used to the non-centering analog controllers (although the Wico joystick does have an auto-centering mode), but I quickly got used to it. The trackball is really great as well!

Needless to say, I'm enjoying my new toy!

Actually, I do like the fact that you must press the action button in order to actually jump in Q*Bert. This makes the play control a great deal more forgiving due to the non-centering sticks. I read somewhere that Frogger uses a similar "move the stick/then press the fire button to actually jump" control system. Is this true?

All in all, I am very impressed with the 5200 Q*bert.

I'm glad your enjoying your 5200, The condidtion should be absolutely exelent, It's my hobby to refurbish/rebuild/re-engineer old electronics. and my latest particular venture towards Atari has been wonderful. I have a friend who sells me the systems I want, and I work at fixing them up with the help from Best-Electronics. The system you got I acctually fixed up for myself. So... it's in way much better condition than any other system I would have worked on for someone else. if there is any moore you need or want, let me know, I will gladly help you.

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: marialover ]

Q*bert is one of my most-played 5200 games, probably since I've owned it the longest. I have no trouble with its button/stick control mechanism, but some people never do spend the time to get used to that.

5200 Q*bert plays very well. I'm disappointed the between-levels screens were omitted, and Q*bert has holes for eyes, but oh well, rushrushrush / sellsellsell you know. Wait until you experience the speed of the levels starting with Level Six! FAST!