IGNORED

Zombie shooter?

calfranklin

• 3 weeks later...

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is the best gun game ever - looks awesome, tons of depth, pretty challenging. Dead Space: Extraction is an excellent game in its own right, and a really unique take on the light gun genre. I liked HotD: Overkill as well - it was fun, but not great.

Haven't played the others.

FPS vs Lightgun = there are no FPS zombie games on the Wii, unless you count Call of Duty: Black Ops online co-op Zombie mode.

Traditional light gun game with zombies on the Wii? There is a ton, and you can pick and choose what works best for you.

If you like the Resident Evil series then both of the RE lightgun games are great. If you're like me, and can't stand the ridiculous Japanese story of RE, the go House of the Dead Overkill. The HotD 2&3 combo pack is great if you have played the games in the arcade, and want that true arcade experience, but of the HotD games, Overkill is my favorite--I feel like it has more replay value, and reflects "modern/progressive lightgun game" sensibilities--and not everyone likes that. If you want something else beyond that, Dead Space Extraction shows you what "could be" the evolution of the genre (according to some folks, incl me) by dropping the arcade quarter drop aesthetics in favor of a more interactive cinematic experience.

Fo me, I like my games to have a cohesive design sensibility, and Overkill and Dead Space have that in spades. I think RE has too much "let's just throw a giant insect in here" moments, and I'm sick of retreading Racoon City.

Its sort of splitting hairs though. Even shovelware game Dino Strike from Zoo can be crazy fun, and its cheap.