IGNORED

cost of atari shells

Syntaxerror999

For me maybe $2 for something special as an improvement over the original. But I really like the plain old Atari style, and they would have to be cheaper than $2 for that type.

Actually, I prefer the Activision interlocking, but Atari Labels. If I was making them myself, there would be something unique, not just a reproduction. maybe a slot to hold a document/overlay/scoresheet, custom serial numbers on the INSIDE of the cart or programmers initials, so when you hold it up to the light you can see them through the plastic...

For me maybe $2 for something special as an improvement over the original. But I really like the plain old Atari style, and they would have to be cheaper than $2 for that type.

Actually, I prefer the Activision interlocking, but Atari Labels. If I was making them myself, there would be something unique, not just a reproduction. maybe a slot to hold a document/overlay/scoresheet, custom serial numbers on the INSIDE of the cart or programmers initials, so when you hold it up to the light you can see them through the plastic...

Something like a clear Mystique cartridge? They have the slits for stacking, the ridges for pulling out of the VCS, and two labels. They look like Atari/Activision hybrid carts.

bachelor_party_cart_4.jpg

Something like a clear Mystique cartridge? They have the slits for stacking, the ridges for pulling out of the VCS, and two labels. They look like Atari/Activision hybrid carts.

Exactly! but it wouldn't be right to call a Mystique cart clear, it would be "see-through" or "sheer"

• Like 2

A little off topic, but I recently read through this article which made me think back to countless different classic computing issues that could have been solved with inexpensive 3d printing. Basically the article says that manufacturing is heading towards more small scale and custom options. Check this out, its encouraging.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/07/17/the_future_of_manufacturing_is_in_america_not_china?page=0,0

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of using ET carts as donors, how does one remove the silver labels cleanly? I have a pile of carts that are too far gone for normal use, but the shells are good for this, so why not clean them up and get them to someone that could use them? If anyone is interested PM me, and if you know how I might remove the silver label if nothing else I can get them to the AA store (the don't like the silver labels, so if I can remove them for the store, maybe that would be better).

Speaking of using ET carts as donors, how does one remove the silver labels cleanly? I have a pile of carts that are too far gone for normal use, but the shells are good for this, so why not clean them up and get them to someone that could use them? If anyone is interested PM me, and if you know how I might remove the silver label if nothing else I can get them to the AA store (the don't like the silver labels, so if I can remove them for the store, maybe that would be better).

Here you go.

• 1 month later...

But that goes toward making the streets better and making sure you have safe travel. Homebrt progrw is mostly hobbyist programming

You don't pay for the programming (else the carts would cost $100 or more), but mainly for production. Programmers usually get $5 royalties/copy sold.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

I honestly don't like that people are having to pay more than $20 for a homebrew game.

It is what it is, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Hobby or not, it's work and asking for money for your work is justified. The amount of money you can ask is totally dependent on what the buyer thinks the game or product is worth to them. Homebrewers, charge whatever you want, if it's too much people won't buy it. End of story.