IGNORED

Just got an Intellivision II but the games don't work :(

GeneralMurdock

Hey guys,

I got an intellivision with the controllers a little bit damaged. It came without a power supply like many I see here in this forum.

The games I own are: adventures of dungeons and dragons and skiing, not great but a start.

I got the Intellivision 2 working with an atari 5200 power supply that is 9V and with a AC batteries recharger that is 16V (very close to the original), with both I get the same problem with A DD I'm getting a static map screen that is post the screen with the game name. In skiing I'm getting the same problem. After the title with skiing it hangs at "skiiers:" an nothing happens.

I think the controllers are not as damaged as they seems to be, because if you press anything it goes from the name of the game screen to the game, if you don't press anything you will just stay there.

So, like I'm new, maybe there's some kind of "reset" button like the 2600 or something, can you guys assist me?

BTW some noob questions: is there an Intellivision flash cartridge? and is there any AV mod tutorial? Are there people with Intellivision and s-video?

Those questions are just curiosity since I'm new here =))

• Like 1

The Intellivision games usually start after you press either a keypad key or the disc; pressing the disc usually gives you the fastest/hardest difficulty. You should check the manuals to get the particulars for each game; this site has a collection of them.

The A/V mods that have been released so far for the Intellivision have been disappointing, in my opinion. The quality isn't much better than the RF modulator (which is usually quite good), and the ones I've tried introduce an unacceptable level of ghosting in the image.

LOL!!

If you live here in Brazil i would gladly pick up the games but since I'm much more fan of flash cartridges I'll try to raise the 150 bucks and get a cuttle cart 3.

I know the games should do something, I'm wondering if it's a controller fault or a system fault.

I've searched over ebay for a controller but can't find one.

Is there a site that sells them?

okay, stop plugging and lets help this guy out...

For AD&D, pressing disc should get it started up. If it Cloudy Mountain, use the 2-4-6-8 to move the white lights (dots) in the ship on the left around. On Tarmin, use disc to move as it's a first person layout.

As for Skiing, you need to press a numerical # and then the enter button 3 times (one for downhill/slalom, one for which course, and one for # of players)

okay, stop plugging and lets help this guy out...

For AD&D, pressing disc should get it started up. If it Cloudy Mountain, use the 2-4-6-8 to move the white lights (dots) in the ship on the left around. On Tarmin, use disc to move as it's a first person layout.

As for Skiing, you need to press a numerical # and then the enter button 3 times (one for downhill/slalom, one for which course, and one for # of players)

as i dont have the manual, but all 3 carts i have of auto racing makes me press enter on controller 2 at the end to start game. is this normal?

as i dont have the manual, but all 3 carts i have of auto racing makes me press enter on controller 2 at the end to start game. is this normal?

Totally normal, and totally annoying! Always worth trying Controller 2 if a game isn't responding, since most of the 2-player sports-ish games expect some kind of input from the second controller before starting.

Are you sure it's the plastic, and not the pinout of the Intellivision controller cable itself? You can figure out which pins might be affected with a chart...where's a good one...well, here's a thread that sort of helps...

Ah, here we go. (Scroll down to Part 7.5.) If 4, 7, and ENTER are working, that means that Pins 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8 are working. Left uses pins 1 and 5, so it's still possible that pins 2, 7, and 9 are faulting. Or it could be the Mylar, who knows. But when my Intellivision II controllers malfunctioned, it was definitely pin-dependent.

It was the plastic.. it worked after I washed it.

But putting everything back is A PAIN!

So I gave up and bought 2 controllers in ebay. I'm paying for my free time.

One more thing, since a flash cartridge exists it would be a good idea to have somewhere to order all the overlays or at least download them.

Such thing exist?

One more thing, since a flash cartridge exists it would be a good idea to have somewhere to order all the overlays or at least download them.

Such thing exist?

as for ordering them you can get a good majority of them from atari2600.com

Such thing exist?

reassembling controllers for the Intellivision made me want to kill myself.