IGNORED

Development Forum - Fu Kung!

Andrew Davie

Posts related to Fu Kung! and the Dancing Baby tech demo have been moved to the *brand spanking new* Homebrew Development Forum, the Fu Kung! section.

Firstly, thanks to AtariAge for providing this meeting-place. Visit the forum through the front-page of AA for your regular fix of big sprite madness, and anything else I can find that will raise the blood pressure of Atari fanatics.

Cheers

A

Posts related to Fu Kung! and the Dancing Baby tech demo have been moved to the *brand spanking new* Homebrew Development Forum, the Fu Kung! section.

While I think a Homebrew Development forum is a very good idea (Albert? ;)), IMO an extra forum just Fu Kung! is some forum overkill.

Shouldn't Fu Kung! be better also inside the (currently empty) Homebrew Development forum? I don't think that there will be that much trafic that Fu Kung will be lost.

BTW: How long will it take to move all matching old threads into the new forums?

While I think a Homebrew Development forum is a very good idea (Albert? ;)), IMO an extra forum just Fu Kung! is some forum overkill.

Shouldn't Fu Kung! be better also inside the (currently empty) Homebrew Development forum? I don't think that there will be that much trafic that Fu Kung will be lost.

BTW: How long will it take to move all matching old threads into the new forums?

I think a separate forum for each game is a good idea, for two reasons....

a) The developer of the particular game needs moderation power, to make sure that the forum is on-track subject wise, and to control polls and voting, etc.

b) The forum is a development log for a particular game. If you have multiple games in the same forum, then its just another discussion place for '2600, and it might as well be in the original '2600 forum.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Homebrew forum have sub-forums, one for each game. But maybe the software used can't cope with that.

Cheers

A

b) The forum is a development log for a particular game.  If you have multiple games in the same forum, then its just another discussion place for '2600, and it might as well be in the original '2600 forum.

There is a great amount of traffic in the 2600 forum already, and it can take some time to wade through it all if you've been away from the site for a few days. While I don't want "forum overkill", I think there's enough homebrew-related traffic to warrant a few extra forums, including one specifically for "general homebrew discussion" since that is a pretty hot topic.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Homebrew forum have sub-forums, one for each game.  But maybe the software used can't cope with that.

Unfortunately that is impossible with the current version of this software. I do believe it is a feature of the next major version that is being worked on, but don't hold your breath waiting for that to come out! :)

..Al

a) The developer of the particular game needs moderation power, to make sure that the forum is on-track subject wise, and to control polls and voting, etc.

Ok, I understand that argument.

b) The forum is a development log for a particular game.  If you have multiple games in the same forum, then its just another discussion place for '2600, and it might as well be in the original '2600 forum.

And what will happend to that forum (and other game specific forums that may come) after the project is finished. Or that special discussion place isn't needed anymore?

Will it be moved back into the generic Homebrew Development forum? Or will we have the index page "cluttered" with all those finished or abandoned developments?

Will it be moved back into the generic Homebrew Development forum? Or will we have the index page "cluttered" with all those finished or abandoned developments?

The messages in the individual "development" forums will be archived into another forum once the respective games have been completed.

..Al