IGNORED

Borderlands

Mendon

I love this game and because of all the stories currently on the web regarding the upcoming release of Borderlands 2, I'm hyped up and back to playing around with the original game again.

If anyone here wants to just play around with the game some or needs some help on quests/achievements, I've got a Siren, Hunter, and Soldier plus all the DLC packs ready to go.

If you're just starting out or maybe just want to restart the game from Lvl 1 and slay a few Skag's, I'd be happy to roll up a new character and join you.

Send me a PM here or send a friend request to Croniis on XBL.

Mendon

A good thing about having a friend that is really into Borderlands if you are just starting off is they can really boost the hell out of your character an give you a HUGE head start. First you drop into one of their games and reap the benefits of leveling on just about every kill they make, then you let them drop about 10 high priced guns that you can't use, but you can sell to buy every ammo upgrade possible. 15 minutes later, your new character is level 10 and upgraded!

A good thing about having a friend that is really into Borderlands if you are just starting off is they can really boost the hell out of your character an give you a HUGE head start. First you drop into one of their games and reap the benefits of leveling on just about every kill they make, then you let them drop about 10 high priced guns that you can't use, but you can sell to buy every ammo upgrade possible. 15 minutes later, your new character is level 10 and upgraded!

You're 100% correct... power leveling can really get a person into the game quickly while providing good weapons, shields and money.

But there is a downside to it: while their character level is going up quickly, their weapon skills aren't keeping up the pace as you gain experience points faster than skill points. So while you might be a Lvl 20 or 25 Siren after an hour, all of your gun skills might be equal to those of only a Lvl 3 or Lvl 4 character. This can make those Lvl 20 or Lvl 25 enemies you now will be facing quite a bit tougher to kill.

In the end, I guess, its sort of a trade off: you rise fast in levels and get some nice items to use and sell but you will now be facing higher level enemies with a pistol skill of 5 or 6 rather than the pistol skill of 25 or 30 you would have achieved if not power leveled.

Either way you choose to gain levels, the game is a total blast to play.

And I was quite surprised to see how active the game still is as there are a LOT of co-op games going on every time I've logged in recently. Everything from beginners to Lvl 70 players are there with open games for you to drop in and play.

In fact, I met a guy online the other day who had one of each character, all Lvl 70. Now thats dedication and enjoying the game!!

And I'm not sure where the challenge to the game ends: my main character is on Playthrough 2 (I've put off facing the Destroyer and moving on to Playthrough 3 for a couple reasons) and the enemies I'm facing are still 3 and 4 levels above me. Nothing like running into Old Haven solo and facing a swarm of armored baddies who are 4 levels above you and take out your shields with one hit..... really gets the heart racing!

Mendon

Edited by Mendon