IGNORED

What could I use my extra //e AND //c consoles for?

Keatah

All this talk of //c this and //c that has made me renew my interest in this little machine. I was thinking of repurposing one to become a compact copy-station or a complete ADT-to-PC station of a sorts. The side-mounted drive makes for slapping the floppy quite a quick affair. In and out.

That, yes, and building up one of the spare //e machines into an AppleWorks monster. Install all A.E. add-ons, all the ramworks hardware boards and software patches. Or would that be best done on a IIgs or beefed-up //c? OR a Platinum //e - especially with the numeric keypad!

Choices! I've had enough of them!

Using a IIc as a dedicated ADTPro setup sounds like a good idea. As far as an Appleworks machine I'd look at what all you have for all three computer, the IIe, IIc and the GS, and decide which would be the easiest to max out for that purpose. Are you also going to use an Apple II compatible printer or try hooking up to a more modern one? Considering how much Apple Ii stuff you recently acquired you do have tons of choices, but I'm assuming there's no hurry, so take your time and figure out what will work best for you.

Dean

Or you can sell it to Huckle Cat He wants one as well.

wtf do you need more than one for.

Keetah got a TON of Apple II stuff a while back, he posted about it in this topic: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/191674-ultra-big-monster-megahaul-and-estate-cleanout-apple-ii-stuff/ so it's not so much needing it for himself as he was in the right place at the right time. I'm sure he does have a bunch of stuff already but as long as he's not an ax murderer I see no problem with him having as much Apple II stuff as he wants. It keeps it out of the landfill and preserves computer history.

Just my two cents worth.

Edited by magnusfalkirk

Or you can sell it to Huckle Cat He wants one as well.

wtf do you need more than one for.

Keetah got a TON of Apple II stuff a while back, he posted about it in this topic: http://www.atariage....apple-ii-stuff/ so it's not so much needing it for himself as he was in the right place at the right time. I'm sure he does have a bunch of stuff already but as long as he's not an ax murderer I see no problem with him having as much Apple II stuff as he wants. It keeps it out of the landfill and preserves computer history.

Just my two cents worth.

I know he got all that stuff, and I personally find it stupid to hoard a ton of shit and talk about all of it (including saying you threw stuff out), when there are people who could use the stuff that don't have ANY of it yet. Share the wealth.

I could've used the manuals he chucked in the garbage. I'm sure he was aware of this fact as he threw them out. So unless he is extremely oblivious, I see it as selfish. lol

I saved 99% of the 2 series stuff. I have 0 qualms about getting rid of non-apple related stuff. It is often far more time consuming and distracting to attempt to hook it up with the right buyer. Oftentimes I could sit on the stuff for months at a time and not move it, even for the cost of postage only. In reality I have better luck with having the local villagers and pillagers coming by and scavaging the stuff. I know some of it will be utilized and some will be dismantled for copper and metals. Some might even be appreciated and restored.

I have 2 Sony GDM F520 (500 hours) 22" Trinitron monitors that are like cancer. They refuse to go away. They're too expensive to ship. And eventually they are gonna have to go.

I did throw out several 2 series housings. Some things just can't be saved. Though in retrospect they could have been used as test samples for retrobright. Shit.. Ohh well.

I'm finding it best to have one or two nice units and another one or two for sacrificial parts, like power supplies and socketed chips and connectors and fittings.

There will of course come a time when the entire collection will need to go. Can't say when or how.