IGNORED

Favorite 2600 homebrew games and programmers?

Animan

Don't have a favorite...the ones I have are all simply fantastic...

Most addicting is probably Toyshop Trouble.

Most impressive in terms of accuracy is Ladybug, for sure. Seriously, if you're not careful, you might not be able to tell the difference between the VCS version and the arcade version.

Strat-O-Gems Deluxe makes great use of the voice synthesis module if you have one (which I don't) but otherwise still an awesome game that should have existed back in the day.

Medieval Mayhem is what Warlords SHOULD have been.

I know I have more, but my brain is burnt out right now...

Strum's a cool cat to be sure. If I wasn't pulled in so many different directions the last 15 years, I'd certainly have more to contribute to this hobby. Review-wise especially.

Anywho... there are some really, *really* good programmers here hanging out. Top notch guys that easily rival those from back in the day. Some are even working on a conversion of Star Castle, that I *knew* could and would be done by someone not looking to make an arse of themselves in such a community. ;)

There's simply too many great games that have been produced the last 6-8 years to list and talk about. Plenty of other threads here on AA to resonate this if you do a search. OR just browse the AA store. Pretty much anything with a pretty label is worth buying. :) :lol:

Seriously.

My ears are burning, but in a good way. ;)

Thanks for the compliments. I've been fortunate to have been able to work with a whole bunch of extremely talented programmers. I couldn't write a line of code to save my life, but it's a lot of fun being able to contribute where I can. It never ceases to amaze me the new levels they can push the 2600 to.

• 2 months later...

I don't know that I have a favorite list of games, let alone programmers or homebrews. There's just so much available! I suppose, if forced, I would have to say the ones that have been made available for little to no cost, and have good gameplay. That's a generalization. But it will have to do.

I do have an affinity for the games published in the first 2 catalogs.

Edited by Keatah

• 2 weeks later...