IGNORED

Apparently E.T. for Atari 2600 is much worse than we thought

yipyop

Truth of the matter is that most people did not have modems for their computers (and many people didn't even have a computer) until the World Wide Web was readilly available in the mid 1990's. Still, it was an interesting news report to look at.

People had modems for quite some time before the boom of the Internet in the 90s. I was playing games on Atari BBS's long before the public knew what WWW stood for.

1030.jpg

I had the Atari 1030 300 baud modem.

7-2.jpg

Then I upgraded to the Supra Modem 2400 (2400 baud).

Then it was to the PC with 28.8K and 56K modems.

The "Pits" is not the problem with E.T., it's the frakin' F.B.I. agents that keep annoying you and stealing your stuff....AHHH! Pits are easy to deal with, but the F.B.I. agents are intolerable...I could like the game if it weren't for them.

Just send him back to Washington, D.C. or play on game 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcAoIThBDyA

when you send detectives/doctor back to Washington, it doesn't last long and they are right back again. right?

When you send detectives/doctor back to Washington, it doesn't last long and they are right back again. right?

Depends if you're lucky enough to get them clogged up. You can send one away and he'll stay at the bottom of the screen, unable to leave because the other guy is in the way. Then you're free to walk around the screen and not have to worry about anything.

Even when they're not clogged up, they're easy to outrun until you can find a Send Humans Back Zone.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...