IGNORED

Retro Gamer Issue 100 + Issue 1

Darran@Retro Gamer

If you don't want to miss this special issue you can buy it directly from www.imagineshop.co.uk

Sold out already!

Checked all our bookstores over here: they said it will arrive next month... if you guys don't buy all printed copies before that! :ponder:

I really like Retro Gamer magazine but it proved way too hard to find. I thought it went out of print years ago! It was pretty expensive from what I remember, I never actually bought an issue but always thumbed through it in Chapters.

Who would think it would last this long?...makes me kinda happy to know it is and that retrogaming is obviously still going strong.

• 2 weeks later...

Issue 100 is out in the states! I picked mine up at Barnes & Noble today at lunch.

I only had about a half hour to browse through it, but so far I was loving the articles about the making of Sonic the Hedgehog, David Crane's article on 2600 game design, and Mr. Goldberg's detailed and informative article on the crash of "82-84". Gotta read them at leisure later on.

The extra packed-in reprint of issue 1 (not a freebie, since the cost of this set was noticeably higher than usual) was interesting since I hadn't seen that issue before. I browed through the top 10 of the 10 different systems. I found it a curious decision to show the box art for each selected game, not the screenshots. There is a noticeably different feel from what the magazine is now.

Edited by Cafeman