IGNORED

I got a free //c. And trash day part 2..

Today was trash day, and most of the yard got cleaned up the junkers and passersby.

Mostly the junkers I believe. During the last 3 nights, some cars would stop by and the pile would get less and less. Our neighbors went through took two printers this afternoon, an hp 970 and an hp 6300. I called them back told them I didn't wish those on anyone. But they insisted and I wasn't complaining.

They also said I could have their //c in trade. So I got one of them useless green monitors with the metal U-stand. A totally pristine //c, standard, an un-installed AE expansion board. And the obligatory stack of manuals, which I threw out because I have multiple copies already.

They said they haven't used it in ages and it sat in the box all the time. They went the Mac route and never got around to selling the system. This //c is so perfect, good enough to be a posterchild for retrobright!

Next week beginning Monday, the rest of the Data General stuff is going out. The Wang terminals, 2 more Xenix AT&T clones. Some Northstar 286/386 clones. All issues of Maximum PC from 99 to current. about 8 boxes worth. A+ and inciders, since these are scanned. 3 Wyse terminals, VT-100 I guess. Some no-name cases nib. A carton of USR stuff and those pre-internet era cisco routers.

There's a boxfull of loose micronics c200 mobos. Read that as AMD K6-2 era shit.

Edited by Keatah

I'm interested in the VT-100 if it's working and if you're willing to ship it. Or one of those Wang terminals if they're the VS models.

I'd give you one for shipping, but they're not in working condition. Good for parts for fixing up other like-same models. sure.

Edited by Keatah

They also said I could have their //c in trade. So I got one of them useless green monitors with the metal U-stand. A totally pristine //c, standard, an un-installed AE expansion board.

Wow, awesome...

Wouldn't call the green monitor useless tho.. I love my green monitor for my //c!! Probably because I remember them from back in the day..

And the obligatory stack of manuals, which I threw out because I have multiple copies already.

:-( <Looks at my //c on it's shelf with no manuals and sighs...>

This //c is so perfect, good enough to be a posterchild for retrobright!

I have the //c that could be the "before retrobrite" to your "after retrobrite" //c.

:-) :-)

Nice get!!!

desiv

Ohhh my! In the typical box (of ten) disks there's a subLOGIC disks labled A2-FS2. Dated 1980, this, I believe, is before Flight Simulator II came out, but after A2-FS1. I can't wait to get this up and running to see exactly what this is! That and some standard blank Diskware disks.

Edited by Keatah

Sorry about the manuals man. I learned long ago that it takes a ton of time and space to save everything. Then stuff gets lost and strewn around. baghh

There are now two IIc users with no manuals that you could've helped. Good job. :)

I loved my //c. I wanted to get one, but they rarely seem to go on Ebay for less than 100 bucks.

Good find for you though. Very awesome.

Maybe Keatah can sell you one, seeing as he's constantly sharing all of his free-Apple finds with this forum.

or maybe he can just give you it!

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out exactly how to lighten up the mound of apple stuff.

Should I focus on keeping one class of machines, like a II+ and //e?

OR

Should I eliminate and remove all duplicate hardware stuff, afterall I have little need for more than 2 superserial cards, or 2 KoalaPads. And little need for 4 //e consoles. AND I've never really gotten into the 3 series, so that's no big loss if it was to disappear like magic. POOF!

Seeing as how much there is I need to determine the best way of going about it. Once I've got a course of action to take, then I can effectively sort this material out. And find homes for it.

I've even entertained the idea of "dumping" all of it except for a tight setup exactly like I had when I did BBS activities BITD. In fact it would be the actual same hardware.

With almost all the other bullshit non-apple hardware gone and done, it is time to focus on 2 series stuff.

I'm trying to decide the best method and way of doing it. Things don't move fast around here, but they do indeed move.

Edited by Keatah

Yes. I tend to attempt to get a home for something first. I gave up with the PC xenix and S-100 stuff. So out it went.

I'm beginning to lean toward keeping the exact hardware from the BBS days. And little more. For that is how I remember and had fun with the II Series.

I think you should get a setup you will use, and then give the rest to people who will actually use it and are in need of it.

Agreed, not real sure how great of an idea it is to set stuff in the yard and say come and get it is. I try to "place" things before I toss it or set it out.

Right, and it really isn't too hard to place working classic computer setups.

Especially Apple II and C64 ones.

Am I sensing some animosity??

No, ... I just don't see the point in stock piling crap, especially when it was free. Share the wealth. Not everyone is lucky enough to find free old crap.

I used to practically give away C64s I would find during craigslist hauls. I only need my C64C a few SIDs in a jar as backup incase one dies, and a JiffyDOS'd 1571 drive. The rest of it? Wtf am I going to do with it!

I tested it. I really did. I set up a C128 with FOUR 1571 drives and was like ALRIGHT! WOO!

30 minutes later I listed 3 of the drives for sale. Magic Candle didn't benefit from 4 drives, and neither did any other game.

There was this guy that used to brag about all his 1541's and would show pictures of all like 80 of them stacked in a room. I wonder if he ever realized how stupid he looked.

I'm not sure how this would be misconstrued as animosity, considering Keatah is trying to figure out how to get rid of a ton of this crap.