IGNORED

GameGavel presents R'cade Mag's Atari 5200 Tournament

VectorGamer

post-22552-0-35552200-1330989127_thumb.png

12 super titles to compete on!

Super prizes!

PRIZES

1st Place - $50 credit at GameGavel.com, Retrocade Magazine issue #2 digital + 1000 forum tokens

2nd Place - Randy Pearson's book "Driving Crazy", Retrocade Magazine issue #2 digital + 750 forum tokens

3rd Place - Retrocade Magazine issue #2 digital + 500 forum tokens

4th and lower - 250 forum tokens

Complete rules are here!

Don't miss out on this tournament! An amazing lineup and amazing prizes!

Click the attached PDF to view 11x17 contest poster

5200.pdf

Edited by rmaerz

I just wanted to thank Rob for including my book as a prize in this contest, and to wish everybody good luck! Oh, and you really should pick up a copy of the latest Retrocade Magazine. In addition to some interesting articles, there is a full-chapter excerpt from Driving Crazy.

Good luck, everyone! Have fun!

"Smeg" Randy

How about a little brouhaha from 5200 fan :)

By season's end, Retrocade Magazine and its partners will have awarded around $200 worth of prizes at NO COST to players! We've given away Retrocade Magazine PDFs, Starcade DVDs, books, t-shirts and now $50 credit at GameGavel.com (in each of the last two tournaments of the season - the last tournament being the 2600 tournament).

Retrocade Magazine's tournaments are unique in that there is absolutely NO COST to players for registration and participation. Registration with the forums (RetrocadeMagazine.net/forums) is FREE and participation involves playing the games, snapping a picture of your TV screen and uploading it with your score submission (something some of you are accustomed to doing anyway with the High Score Clubs).

Success in these tournaments is gauged in participation. We've had some exciting finishes in our tournaments like Virender Dayal winning the ColecoVision tournament by only 0.03%. We've also seen players challenge themselves to new heights like Glen Updike's 1,179,880 performance on Mario Bros. in the NES Power Play Tournament.

"By Classic Gamers For Classic Gamers" is our motto and mission. Retrocade Magazine strives to support and promote the classic gaming community as we've done and will continue to do so.

And if you're still reading this and since I'm talking about community, let me point you to our friend Kitty McScratch who is raising money for Child's Play. Child's Play is a charity that provides kids in hospitals all around the world with books, toys and games. There's a Chip-In widget on Kitty's www KittyMcScratch.com and her goal is to get $500 worth of donations by St. Patty's Day.

Edited by rmaerz

One full weekend of competition in the books. Three players have qualified and four of the twelve titles have new high scores on the Retroboards.

Standings as of this writing:

1. 95.65% Virender Dayal

2. 91.37% Damon Stephen

3. 89.89% Rob Maerz

If you have to compete for a chance to win $50 credit at GameGavel.com! Tell me who else is offering gamers a chance to win prizes like this!

• 3 weeks later...

Had fun participating in this tournament, although I was sorry to see that not too many folks joined in. My thanks to rmaerz for running the tournament, and to "Atari Smeghead" for supplying his very entertaining novel "Driving Crazy" as my prize! Really enjoyed reading it yesterday!

Edited by sdamon
  • Like 1

Had fun participating in this tournament, although I was sorry to see that not too many folks joined in. My thanks to rmaerz for running the tournament, and to "Atari Smeghead" for supplying his very entertaining novel "Driving Crazy" as my prize! Really enoyed reading it yesterday!

"People really do win!"

I forget who's slogan that was. I'm interested to see how AtariKSI spends his money at GameGavel

Edited by rmaerz