IGNORED

Tutorial: Assembling your Intellivision Controller

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Awesome! I might now be brave enough to try opening the controllers on one of my dead INTVs. Are you going to do a full system disassembly and cleaning in the future....I would like see that too please. :)

I'd have thought you to be a master of all that is Intellivision by now! I've already done a teardown of all my IntV's, so unless I get another console, probably not. (hint hint :P)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Awesome! I might now be brave enough to try opening the controllers on one of my dead INTVs. Are you going to do a full system disassembly and cleaning in the future....I would like see that too please. :)

I'd have thought you to be a master of all that is Intellivision by now! I've already done a teardown of all my IntV's, so unless I get another console, probably not. (hint hint :P)

I have the handyman skills of a dishcloth! :P Im going to send a unit or two to pimpmaul for modding, maybe I will send you one or two to play around with as well. I did a count last night and I am slightly embarassed to say that I think I may have......75 Intellivisions. :-o :-o :-o (and somehow my wife hasnt divorced me)

I have the handyman skills of a dishcloth! :P Im going to send a unit or two to pimpmaul for modding, maybe I will send you one or two to play around with as well. I did a count last night and I am slightly embarassed to say that I think I may have......75 Intellivisions. :-o :-o :-o (and somehow my wife hasnt divorced me)

shit son... Edited by pimpmaul69

Your wife is a keeper! I have only four and she's sharpening pencils for signing. (of course, I recently brought home an Amiga 2000HD, Amiga 1200, Amiga 500, 3 Commodore 64's and drives, A Vic-20, 3 Timex Sinclair 1000's, TI-99, Commodore 4 Plus, A Socrates game system, and four large boxes of games, disks and misc ... that might be more the reason!)

• Like 1

shit son...

:-D Yep. And even worse is that I think 50 are CIB. I have a serious collecting disease. This is part of why the collection pics are taking so long to get done.

:-D Yep. And even worse is that I think 50 are CIB. I have a serious collecting disease. This is part of why the collection pics are taking so long to get done.

Well, at least we know all those CIB IntVs are in good hands. :)

It's obvious that you're main interest is the IntVs, but I see you pop your head into the CV forums sometimes, and I think I've even heard you mutter 2600 once or twice. How much space does your IntV collection take, and your other consoles? Oh, yeah, your wife IS a keeper!

Well, at least we know all those CIB IntVs are in good hands. :)

It's obvious that you're main interest is the IntVs, but I see you pop your head into the CV forums sometimes, and I think I've even heard you mutter 2600 once or twice. How much space does your IntV collection take, and your other consoles? Oh, yeah, your wife IS a keeper!

Yes, my wife is awesome, she basically just let my son and I take over our finished basement to fill up with video games and movies. :) She has a pretty good sense of humor to say the least.

I do collect 2600, 7800 and CV as well. I have probably 300+ CIB 2600 games and am only missing Tank Command to complete my 7800 CIB collection. I have a pretty fair amount of CV stuff as well. I've been collecting for 13 years now I guess, so while I wait for INTV items to add to the collection I find I keep myself occupied with other consoles. I have made significant strides in cleaning up my collection space and I'll probably post proper collection pics on the next couple of months (as new stuff comes on, I find myself reorganizing).

We can chat further in PM, but maybe I could send you a couple of less than perfect units for you to play around on as tutorial material for those of us that would like to learn about cleaning and fixing? I think many here would find that beneficial and informative. :)

We can chat further in PM, but maybe I could send you a couple of less than perfect units for you to play around on as tutorial material for those of us that would like to learn about cleaning and fixing? I think many here would find that beneficial and informative. :)

In case you didn't see it, PM sent. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Really good video! :thumbsup:

If you do ever get around to making a video guide to taking apart and putting together a full console, I'll certainly be interested in it. I've got a dead intv that I'd like to get working, but haven't got a clue where to start with it! :?

Really good video! :thumbsup:

If you do ever get around to making a video guide to taking apart and putting together a full console, I'll certainly be interested in it. I've got a dead intv that I'd like to get working, but haven't got a clue where to start with it! :?

Thank you! :)

A console disassembly video is possibly in the works through a partnership with another member.

• Like 1