IGNORED

Value of my Intellivision & games

I'm debating whether to sell or keep my modest Intellivision collection. Could someone help me identify approximately what the value is?

Intellivision 1 Console with 2 built in controllers and AC cable plus RF cable

Games:

Shark shark

World champ baseball

Major league baseball

Night stalker

Space hawk

Lock n chase

Skiing

Golf

Tennis

Chess

Sea battle

Nasl soccer

Bowling

The system itself is a bit finicky, it takes inserting and removing the cartridge several times to get the game working. Sometimes the screen will be black & white, or the game will show up but black & white with no sound, sometimes I get a colored screen. Someone suggested cleaning the contacts, anyone know how I can best do that?

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, the big question is whether the games are boxed and include overlays and manuals. World Championship Baseball is the most valuable of those games, but it's worth no more than $12-15 CIB in great condition ($6-7 loose with no overlays or manuals). Shark Shark and USCF Chess can get $6-8 CIB ($2 loose), and the others are in the $3 range CIB ($1 loose).

If everything's loose, $40 + shipping sounds about right -- but maybe less for a finicky console, especially if there are no overlays/manuals at all.

BTW if you decide to keep your system, I have a bunch of Intellivision extras (including everything from loose to CIB) and am also in NY (so shipping would be cheap). I have a list here; feel free to drop me a PM if you're interested.

The games are all loose, no instructions no manuals. On some of them the labels are pretty beat up, I'll have to see which ones when I get home. The console itself looks nice, although finicky.

BTW if you decide to keep your system, I have a bunch of Intellivision extras (including everything from loose to CIB) and am also in NY (so shipping would be cheap). I have a list here; feel free to drop me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks! I'll take a look at your list and let you know, awesome that you live in NY too. :) May keep it since I paid $35.50 for everything (and that included shipping).

If you're going to keep, get some Detox-it contact cleaner. Not cheap but works the best for me. Use it to clean the connector and all games and see if that helps. My intv had the same problem and doing that helped. Good luck!

I'm intrigued by this, how would I use it? Would I need some sort of brush or something? Or do I just spray like one of those air cans and let it air dry? Is this it? I see a store near my job has them in stock. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=deoxit+contact+cleaner&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9610946923809630035&sa=X&ei=XM5XT62KEMq40QHavt3DDw&ved=0CJABEPMCMAM

Also, any tips on cleaning the surface of the system?

Thanks...you guys are making me want to play some Intellivision!

To clean the games, just spray some on a Qtip and wipe it on the game cart contacts until clean. As far as the connector, get an old credit card and cut it to the width of the cart connector, I use a paper towel wrapped around the credit card, then spray with the cleaner and insert it in the connector. You may have to do a few times depending on how clean or dirty it is. Just make sure there's nothing stuck inside the connector. Hope this helps.

To clean the games, just spray some on a Qtip and wipe it on the game cart contacts until clean. As far as the connector, get an old credit card and cut it to the width of the cart connector, I use a paper towel wrapped around the credit card, then spray with the cleaner and insert it in the connector. You may have to do a few times depending on how clean or dirty it is. Just make sure there's nothing stuck inside the connector. Hope this helps.

Thanks! Very helpful. That credit card with the paper towel idea sounds brilliant. Hopefully I have time to get some Deoxit over the next few days. I'll let you know how it goes. I suspect the system was probably just chillin in somebody's closet for a few years and just needs a good cleaning.

If you're going to keep, get some Detox-it contact cleaner. Not cheap but works the best for me. Use it to clean the connector and all games and see if that helps. My intv had the same problem and doing that helped. Good luck!

Could WD-40 work as well as Detox-it?

Sorry, no experience with these kind of cleaners....

Could WD-40 work as well as Detox-it?

Sorry, no experience with these kind of cleaners....

Never used WD-40 to clean contacts. I've always used some type of electronic's contact cleaner as it cleans and conditions the contacts.

Glad I could help. Just trying to pay it forward! If you have any more problems, feel free to ask. The Hardware Thread is also very helpful. Good luck!

Hey so I was meeting up with a friend tonight, and he was running late so I went to a nearby store and got a can of DeoxIT. While none of my old credit cards would fit in the slot, not even after cutting, I decided to just spray the whole cartridge slot. I did use qtip on the carts...and guess what? Everything seems to be working fine!!!! Thank you for your help, I feel like I can really enjoy my Inty now. Funny it's a small thing, but that has kept me from actually even trying to use it.

Glad I could help. Just trying to pay it forward! If you have any more problems, feel free to ask. The Hardware Thread is also very helpful. Good luck!

Hey so I was meeting up with a friend tonight, and he was running late so I went to a nearby store and got a can of DeoxIT. While none of my old credit cards would fit in the slot, not even after cutting, I decided to just spray the whole cartridge slot. I did use qtip on the carts...and guess what? Everything seems to be working fine!!!! Thank you for your help, I feel like I can really enjoy my Inty now. Funny it's a small thing, but that has kept me from actually even trying to use it.

Glad it worked out for you! And glad I could help a fellow gamer! Game on!

Hey, congrats! From what you described, sounds like I should get a can of the stuff myself. :) I don't have any grumpy systems, but maybe a couple of my "dead" carts could be brought back to life?

I say it's worth a shot! :)

Glad it worked out for you! And glad I could help a fellow gamer! Game on!

Thanks man, now I can actually game on. :cool: