IGNORED

Feedback advice needed

kheffington

Won three carts with instructions on 12-17-02. Seller does not take online payments so sent a check. He had stated that he would hold check for 10 days, no big deal. He actually held the check for more like 17 days prior to shipping. a little annoying.

He quoted shipping cost for Priority Mail, the only option, but he shipped them media mail. Carts arrived today.

Carts are relatively rare. The arrived in pristine, like new condition. So am pleased with this part of the transaction.

He in no way deserves a negative. So should I leave a positive such as "great carts, paid for priority, shipped media" or a neutral stating the same? Or should I just forget about it and leave a positive with no mention of the minor problem?

He has not left any feedback an may retaliate if not pleased, but that is not a problem.

So what do you think?

If you leave a nuetral or a negative you probably will be hit with a retalitory feedback. I would email the seller first and see if the seller will refund the difference in price bsince it was shipped media mail instead of priority. If the seller would refund the difference I probably would leave positive feedback, but if the seller refuses I just might not leave any feedback at all.

He quoted shipping cost for Priority Mail, the only option, but he shipped them media mail.  Carts arrived today.

Carts are relatively rare.  The arrived in pristine, like new condition.  So am pleased with this part of the transaction.

Did the auction of the seller SPECIFICALLY state he would be using Priority Mail, or did he just quote a price that LOOKS like a Priority Mail shipping amount? If he said s/h = $3.85, that might lead you to believe that priority mail would be used, but don't fall for that unless actually stated.

Many times when I am less that thrilled with a purchase I make because of any of the above reasons or others, I just DO NOT even bother leaving feedback. Heck, I don't NEED any (over 500+) so I don't care if the other guys gets any from me or not. I've still left more feedback than I have received, though.

Did the auction of the seller SPECIFICALLY state he would be using Priority Mail, or did he just quote a price that LOOKS like a Priority Mail shipping amount?  If he said s/h = $3.85, that might lead you to believe that priority mail would be used, but don't fall for that unless actually stated.

Many times when I am less that thrilled with a purchase I make because of any of the above reasons or others, I just DO NOT even bother leaving feedback.  Heck, I don't NEED any (over 500+) so I don't care if the other guys gets any from me or not.  I've still left more feedback than I have received, though.

In the end of auction email, he quoted a shipping cost stating priority mail and did not offer other options. The shipping cost definitely was for priority mail.

I did contact him after receiving the package and he stated that he shipped a lot of packages at the same time, so priority, some media and some parcel. He said that either he or the post office must have gotten the packages mixed up. That is the total of his response.

I am not worried about retaliation as receiving a negative would be no big deal. The amount of money involved is small as well and not a concern. I just find it a minor annoyance and don't really believe the mixup routine.

Well, if he did say he was shipping PRIORITY and charged you for PRIORITY and you got MEDIA, I would politely ask him to refund you the difference. If he makes good, I would leave it at that. If not and if you are not worried about retalitory feedback, leave him a Neutral or better yet, a NEGATIVE. You'll probably get a neg back anyway either way if you leave him any feedback, so why let him get the upper hand? I don't believe that post office mix up story, he knew what he was doing.

I did contact him after receiving the package and he stated that he shipped a lot of packages at the same time, so priority, some media and some parcel.  He said that either he or the post office must have gotten the packages mixed up. That is the total of his response.

The post office does not "mix up packages" like that. If you bring the packages to the post office, they ask you how you want each package shipped. Either he made an honest mistake and said "Media Mail" when he should have said "Priority" for your package, or he just shipped them all "Media Mail" in an attempt to make a few extra bucks on shipping. I also would ask him to refund the difference.

As for feedback, if I'm somehow mildly unsatisfied with a transaction, I usually won't leave any, and I won't deal with that seller again. I also don't like sellers who wait for the buyer to leave feedback before leaving theirs. I am sometimes slow in leaving feedback as a seller, but it's never because I'm waiting for the buyer to leave feedback first.

..Al

Definitely. As a seller I leave feedback as soon a payment has cleared and as a buyer, feedback is not left until the items have been received and tested/inspected. I heard that Ebay is working on modifying the feedback forum to avoid the potential for retalatory (?sp) feedback. Let's hope they actually follow through.

The SELLER should always leave feedback first

Well, they way I look at it is different. As the seller, I ship an item to a person and then never hear back from them again. Did they get it? Are they satisfied with it? Are they going to contact me 6 weeks later and say they never received it? How am I supposed to know?

Since people rarely email to confirm item receipt, if they do nothing else but leave feedback for the transaction at least I have some way of knowing that the item was received properly. I cannot leave feedback until the entire transaction is complete, and I know the item was received and the buyer is happy. Feedback is more than just a rating of how fast someone paid for the item. Let me remind you that feedback is also totally optional as well. But I assure you, all happy customers who leave feedback get one back the same day! 500+ strong and counting! 8)