IGNORED

Finally got an Xbox.....

bigferret

.....And I really like it. I'm very impressed and if anyone cares, Panzer Dragoon Orta is the best looking game I've ever seen. It's also hella fun.

The only reason I got the Xbox was because a resale shop near us had one in perfect shape for $100 and it seemed like too good a deal to pass up. The owner also guarantees everything she sells, so I wasn't worried about getting a lemon.

So, as a former Xbox doubter, I have to admit I was wrong and based on what I've seen (and heard - I have it hooked up digitally to my 5.1 receiver) I would recommend an Xbox. Once I get Xbox Live, the system will soon find a port on my router next to my PS2 and Gamecube for online goodness.

Does anyone on AA play Unreal Championship online yet? If so, maybe we can organize some games.

Welcome to the club :-) Most doubters of it's awesome power, have never used one... Live! is fantastic, albeit a bit stale right now... UC is really fun, but once I ranked #3 in the world ratings on it, I got a little tired of it :-) MechAssault is also fun, but the Live! interface is crappy, and when the game ends it boots you to the menu, instead of letting you play again with the same people.

I never played Ghost Recon online... only single player...

Whacked! was fun during beta :-) But no one really plays it anymore.

However, right now, Splinter Cell, Panzer Dragoon, and Shenmue II are the best games I've played in years! And you can't play them on no PS2 crapiolla.

--Chris

I have Ghost Recon and it's pretty cool. If you guys wanna hook up later this week, let me know. Panzer Dragoon is amazing! The interface issues with Mech Assualt are being redone so you won't boot to the menu anymore. If you can afford Steel Battalions, get it. If you have it hooked up in 5:1 it is unreal. I love JSRF but it's an aquired taste I suppose. Splinter Cell is awesome, I just got Gunmetal - which as a side note some kick ass babe got it for me - and it's fun as hell. Shenmue is sweet. At least now you can be in a gaming world free of the need to always buy accessories and wait for a game to load:) Let us know your Gamertag once you set up Live.