IGNORED

D2K Arcade Update

I just wanted to keep the fans from Atari Age up to date on the status of D2K Arcade for Intellivision.

We had hoped to start selling the game this month. However, packaging delays have pushed the probable release date to the end of April.

The 'final' declared bug free version of the game is being mailed to Italy for PAL testing on Monday.

The overlay is complete, and available for preview on Intellivisionworld and www.elektronite.com

D2K Arcade will be sold using new cartridge shells from LTO.

The game uses digitized sounds, but does not require an Intellivoice. Pauline clearly says 'Help' when I enter the code to enable digitized sounds on my Intellivision.

The game has an Elektronite splash screen.

The author of D2K Jumpman Returns is doing our box art.

The upper 'fire' buttons will be the only buttons for 'Jump'. The lower buttons were disabled to enable a pause feature to be implemented.

In two player mode, each player will only be able to control their own player. The game will not respond to input from the opposite player. In one player mode, either controller will be usable.

Elektronite will be at Classic Gaming Expo in August and D2K Arcade will be sold at the show.

There will be a high score contest when the game is released.

D2K Arcade T-shirts will be available once the game is released.

post-31813-0-60687100-1331359001_thumb.png

• Like 2

The 'final' declared bug free version of the game is being mailed to Italy for PAL testing on Monday.

Oh shit. That does it. There'll now be a further delay since the Italian post office will most surely lose it. And/or the recipient will claim they never received, so you can send another example while they hoard the original in the hopes of cashing in big some day down the road on a long lost, but recently discovered prototype. :ponder: :lol:

Sorry, but there will be no ROM release of D2K Arcade. The only way to play the game will be on a real Intellivision.

I think some of the Colecovision guys had talked about releasing some of their games as Roms and charging for it, I dont know if they ever implemented it or it would even be worth it as people can just 'pass' the Rom around and not even bother with purchasing the real version.

Edited by revolutionika

• 2 weeks later...

I took the game to a local classic video game shop, and showed it.......one guy who played the game said that the DK portion of D2K was 'arcade perfect'......people couldn't believe it was an Intellivision game.

I am going back to the store today to see how much interest there is in the game.

• Like 1

In testing the game, we found a strange HD TV that would not display all the barrels and flames all the time......sometimes they would disappear......I've personally tested the game on 3 HD TVs and had no trouble so I think it is an isolated incident.....

Anyhow, the game has a code to put the moving objects into 30 frame per second mode....the barrels and flames aren't as smooth, but it gets rid of this problem. If you have a rare TV like that, you can use it.......

Did anyone experience that on DK Arcade?

Any interest in a cheaper cart only release of DK Arcade with sound improvments, better control, and proper high scoring (unlike the Intelligentvision release)? Let me know.

Any interest in a cheaper cart only release of DK Arcade with sound improvments, better control, and proper high scoring (unlike the Intelligentvision release)? Let me know.

Will there really be a need for this once D2K arcade arrives?

Contact retro stores all over and see if they will carry it, but then they may need to stock the system as well.

I recommend contacting Jason @ Trade-N-Games! They need to refresh their Intellivision inventory...not much selling or added recently. That being said, they apparently packed up their entire inventory and went to the Gaming Expo in Milwaukee this weekend, so hopefully they bring back some goodies.