IGNORED

Cart Label Orientation

Boxers or briefs? It is the age old question.

When I envisioned our new Elektronite cart label, I was going to go with cart slot at the bottom, just like Coleco games.....except that the end label would be able to be read looking at it when it is plugged in (The Coleco label is upside down).

I wasn't going to go with the Imgaic orientation of cart slot at the top of the picture.

When a cart mock up was done of both I changed my mind, and then changed it back again. Now I can't decide.

I want to know what the customers want most. Both styles is not an option. I am going to be consistent in the releases, so I want to get it right.

Thoughts?

We could probably post both at the website for people to look at.

Boxers or briefs? It is the age old question.

When I envisioned our new Elektronite cart label, I was going to go with cart slot at the bottom, just like Coleco games.....except that the end label would be able to be read looking at it when it is plugged in (The Coleco label is upside down).

I wasn't going to go with the Imgaic orientation of cart slot at the top of the picture.

When a cart mock up was done of both I changed my mind, and then changed it back again. Now I can't decide.

I want to know what the customers want most. Both styles is not an option. I am going to be consistent in the releases, so I want to get it right.

Thoughts?

We could probably post both at the website for people to look at.

Pics please. :) I think that'll help us decide.

Me too.....

I think that the 'upside down' pic has a disadvantage.....if we put the cart slot down and showed them both with the picture upright, it might be a better comparison.

One advantage of the cart slot down orientation is that the other one will have the copyright line exactly at the edge of the cart. It is going to be a real challenge to get it to line up exactly.

Me too.....

I think that the 'upside down' pic has a disadvantage.....if we put the cart slot down and showed them both with the picture upright, it might be a better comparison.

One advantage of the cart slot down orientation is that the other one will have the copyright line exactly at the edge of the cart. It is going to be a real challenge to get it to line up exactly.

Yah, you might be right...I turned my iPad upside down and maybe the top one is the better choice. Hmmmm.....

I've avoided weighing in here just to not color the discussion too me. I too think there's a voting bias due to the pictures themselves. I personally like "cart-edge down" and think the Imagic and Activision labels look "upside down," mainly from the perspective of how I would stand a cartridge up if I were displaying it.

If you think about systems that came later, like the NES and Sega Genesis, they have the label oriented with open-end down, so that was going to be my default for these. They both look good though. Whatever direction Willy ends up deciding for D2K, I'll probably follow for my future releases, so that they all match up.