IGNORED

Really? Atari 400 parts still available from Sears?

ClausB

I noticed a couple of years ago that they had parts for the Okimate 10 as well. It's intriguing. Is there really some Sears warehouse with parts for stuff dating back 30, 40, 50 or even more years?

No, they have no inventory at all. The warehouse is a wormhole that goes back in time to get what they want. I wonder if I can order an Ark 300 cubits by 50 cubits by 30 cubits?

• Like 1

Mimo, I'd be willing to see what comes if I order a 400 door for you...

With shipping to me it would be $14.96 plus whatever it costs to get it to you.

Let us know what they send you, please. Curious what a substitute Atari part looks like. Maybe like those non-OEM parts the body shop puts on your smashed car?

Notice that the site also lists the whole door assembly with shield and label but without a price, just an 800 number to call about it.

I tried to order a bunch of stuff from Partstore.com to restore an old turntable. In the end they cancelled 99% of my order and sent me a bag of 10 screws.... then charged me an outrageous shipping and handling fee. So, I don't tend to trust part searches anymore. I think you get combined results from a bunch of suppliers and no one knows what's actually there.

Obviously none of you have been to a Sears Parts Depot, the one in Delaware was in the same place for 40+ years, and basically any part they had in stock, would stay there until it sold, no matter how long...

I actually asked this when I was there with my Dad back in the '80's... they showed me the warehouse, and the building was over 1000' long, and 300' wide... The building is still there, but they moved to a new building about 3-4 years ago, this would have meant it was in the same building since the mid 60's

sloopy.

• Like 1

This is the old building...

maps.google.com/maps?channel=fs&q=200+MacArthur+Dr+Newport,DE&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

And this is the new building they moved into 3-4 years ago...

http://maps.google.c...=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Edited by sloopy

A couple years ago I cleaned out a guys basement of Atari 8-bit equipment, he sais it was his fathers who passed away. He said his father used to work in the repair department here at Sears in Chicago repairing Atari's, one of the cool things I got from that lot was this book, a Sears repair manual for Atari's. Has schematics and everything.

• Like 4

A couple years ago I cleaned out a guys basement of Atari 8-bit equipment, he sais it was his fathers who passed away. He said his father used to work in the repair department here at Sears in Chicago repairing Atari's, one of the cool things I got from that lot was this book, a Sears repair manual for Atari's. Has schematics and everything.

That is sweet. You know what would be even sweeter? A high res or fairly high res scan of that cover image to at minimum use as a computer desktop background, or better yet, to print as wall art. It's beautiful and so "period" looking. -- just sayin' ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The answer is NO! I ordered a couple plastic parts just to see what would come and I just had the order canceled for no stock available.

Edited by orpheuswaking

The answer is NO! I ordered a couple plastic parts just to see what would come and I just had the order canceled for no stock available.

:_(