IGNORED

Atari TT030

Greetings,

I just recently acquired a TT030 system. After doing some extensive searching on the internet it seems there is not a whole lot of information on the system besides some basic stuff. Does anyone know what ST software the TT030 is compatible with? Also, is there any TT030 specific software out there? Thanks for the help!

Jason

Basicaly on TT works most of clean software. It mean software which runs under GEM. And yes there is software which is optimized for TT and can take advatages of 68030 and 68882. Running MiNT is great on TT because it has much more power than ST. But the chance that you can run ST games is not so big.

Basicaly on TT works most of clean software. It mean software which runs under GEM. And yes there is software which is optimized for TT and can take advatages of 68030 and 68882. Running MiNT is great on TT because it has much more power than ST. But the chance that you can run ST games is not so big.

Thanks for the help! Do you have any samples of TT specific software? Thanks!

Jason

I don't have a list of TT software, but the reason it can't run some ST games is that it doesn't have a Blitter chip.  Any program that specifically made use of the Blitter chip won't work.  

Tempest

Thanks for the help Tempest. I saw some of your earlier posts on the TT030. What have you been doing with your system since you picked it up?

Jason

What are you guys talking about? My 1040ST doesn't have a Blitter chip (yet), but I've yet to come across any software that requires a Blitter...I've been told that some stuff will run marginally faster with a Blitter though. :? Also, I thought one of the TT's selling points in advancements over the ST line was that it DID have a Blitter (like the STE's)?!?!? :?

Thanks for the help Tempest. I saw some of your earlier posts on the TT030. What have you been doing with your system since you picked it up?  

No much. It took me awhile to get it working (some connections came loose during shipping). I have the 7800 development kit software running on it now. Someday I'll start writing a 7800 game... :)

Tempest

No much. It took me awhile to get it working (some connections came loose during shipping). I have the 7800 development kit software running on it now. Someday I'll start writing a 7800 game... :)

Tempest

Very cool. I have it hooked up to a Jag Dev System. I'm having fun tinkering around with the system. For such an old one, I sure am impressed with it! I need to get comfortable using it with the Jag Dev Kit. I'm used to the PC. :)

Jason

Very cool.  I have it hooked up to a Jag Dev System.  I'm having fun tinkering around with the system.  For such an old one, I sure am impressed with it!  I need to get comfortable using it with the Jag Dev Kit.  I'm used to the PC.  :)

I want to do the same. I have bought TT wit 64 MB TT RAM and Cattamaramn recently. And now I am installing the SpareMiNT.

I don't know about list of TT specific application, but the POV or Eureka or InShape can use the power of FPU and 030. I saw the ST-CAD, Kandinsky or PhotoLine 68030 version too.

And I must mention Linux or NetBSD which are running on Ataris with 030 CPU.

What are you guys talking about? My 1040ST doesn't have a Blitter chip (yet), but I've yet to come across any software that requires a Blitter...I've been told that some stuff will run marginally faster with a Blitter though. :? Also, I thought one of the TT's selling points in advancements over the ST line was that it DID have a Blitter (like the STE's)?!?!? :?

Some "normal" STs have a Blitter too, you require TOS 1.02 (1.2) to use the advantage of the Blitter.

Michael