IGNORED

810 Drive with odd mod to it...

sloopy

Over the weekend I went to my parents house for a funeral (my brothers MIL), and while i was there grabbed a CL find...

Among the stuff was an 810 with this is in it...

Back side of the main board with couple IC's (SRAMS maybe? back side of the EPROM).

post-24811-0-57603200-1332129084_thumb.jpg

Inside the PCB 'sandwich' of the Main board, and the 'upgrade' ext data seperator...

post-24811-0-78088100-1332129179_thumb.jpg

And the toggle and LED attached to the front (how rare ;')

post-24811-0-98586200-1332129232_thumb.jpg

Any ideas what it is? And no, i dont know if it works, I didnt power it up... I would look into it further, but I am way too busy right now, so pulling the four screws was as far as i went.

As I dont do alot with disk drives, especially with 810's since I already have one of each type, If anyone wants to shovel a bucket of money this way, its yours...

sloopy.

interesting, but I'm still waiting on my return investment (write up with pictures) :P

Honestly, I have not gotten the boards from Jim to do it... :'(

I will shoot him off an email, and get a ETA

sloopy.

> Any ideas what it is?

Happy 810 with the potentiometer to change the rotational speed for copying some Synapse titles?

My own looks not far different.

I was thinking it could be an early Happy mod, as I have read it was just several IC's hand soldered to the board. The only thing that made me question it was the switch, the manual i read for install says the switch goes to two pins on the RIOT, and this one doesnt...

One day I may hook it up and try it out... but not today.

thanks,

sloopy.

Okay, IIRC the board with the chips on the back is a Happy, and the other one is a "The Chip" archiver.

If I had to guess, I'd say you've got a Happy drive with a WP switch, and a modified drive speed control for easier access.

post-3606-0-32744600-1332190552_thumb.jpg

post-3606-0-05846600-1332190565_thumb.jpg

Okay, IIRC the board with the chips on the back is a Happy, and the other one is a "The Chip" archiver.

If I had to guess, I'd say you've got a Happy drive with a WP switch, and a modified drive speed control for easier access.

Thanks, now that i know what it is :')

I will be testing it out later, and it will be sold, as I dont have room for it...

sloopy.

I needed to test something, and it was sitting here, so i fired it up...

It works, loads disks etc fine... Didnt try the Happy utilities as i dont have them tho...

If anyone is interested in it, PM me with offers... otherwise its going on feepay tonight...

sloopy.

heh, ok...

back on topic...

is there any way I can confirm this is a early happy?

sloopy.

F

I needed to test something, and it was sitting here, so i fired it up...

It works, loads disks etc fine... Didnt try the Happy utilities as i dont have them tho...

If anyone is interested in it, PM me with offers... otherwise its going on feepay tonight...

sloopy.

The Happy V5.3 software, available from Atarimania, is supposed to work with the Happy 810.