IGNORED

Creating Calendar Events from other boards.

Tyrant

Although its very very rare that people want to create calendar events, it would be nice if the option was available to create them in other boards. If Im not mistaken, an event in the calendar is actually a message in a forum, right? Since I believe most people generally only read one or two forums, mostly their favorite system, having all calendar events only in the events forum meens its easy to overlook things.

The Jaguar community especially, I think, tends to be quite seperate, and I for one never leave the Jag board except occasionally to look in on the ST board.

An even better idea, tho probably much harder to do, would be to establish crosslinking, so a post can exist in two boards at once, for example, Events and the System(s) related to it. Since I guess each post is saved in the forums "folder" or other logical subdivision on the hard drive, the easiest way to do a crosslink is to add a special type of post to the secondary forums, and a little code at the top of the post in the primary forum to mentio which posts its been crossposted to.

Oh, and while I've (hopefully) got the attention of Alex or Albert, I'd like to point out this post which you might have missed.