IGNORED

Roklan Carts Compatibility color question

FND

Not sure if this has been brought up before but did a fast search and did not see it

Anyway my question since Roklan seems to have issued the same 8bit carts in different colors

could it have to do with the Atari 800 / 800XL Compatibility

Yellow carts Atari 800

Brown Atari 800 xl

Just curious since I just won this auction for a Yellow Gorf that only works with the 800 and it made

me think about compatibility and the color differences

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3208723884201?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320872388420&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by FND

Could be. Not many cartridge games were incompatible with XL but most/all were due to illegal OS calls which were easily fixed (although tough luck for owners of the first version)

Naturally, an "XL fixed" version would work on the older machines too.

I have a brown Gorf cart and it definitely doesn't work in an XL/XE machine. I've never heard of or seen a Gorf dump (sounds funny) that's XL/XE compatible.

Ah that helps I just assumed :woozy: that there was a GORF XL/XE compatible version and the cart color differences jumped to mind, mystery solved.

So there is no XL/XE Gorf cart, Seems like there would be a market for one ;)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

The colors did correlate to the circuitry inside and did effect what they ran on due to a timing issue... certain yellow star maze cartridges will run on and 800 no problem and not so properly on and xl xe, while others will work just fine.... it also could indicate weather you got an actual chip or a blob on a card type cartridge.... The grey and brown seem to work just fine no matter what so long as proper os is running

Edited by _The Doctor__