IGNORED

DK Arcade Re-Release

Maybe whoever/wherever hosts the High Score Competition can just let people say what version they have, Without doing that you are limiting how many players can participate. not every one is going to buy every copy. Some people may only mahe the D1K version, others may only have DkA version...and yet even more people may only opt to get the complete D2K version (which has D1K of course.)

Some people may want to get a high score on the Coleco Donkey Kong :)

As much as I love my Intellivision, I have to say, the NES version may be the best home console port. Is there one better than the NES version? Did they ever make one for the Xbox? The SNES version is Donkey Kong Country I believe.

I would have to agree, Nes version is the best. CV version is good too. But I would rather play my Intv version. Oh, and there was also an NES port to the GameBoy Advance, Classic series. I have it...Its pretty good!

I never played the Nes version. But before the Dka on the Intv, The Atari 400/800 xl computer had the best Donkey Kong version, in my opinion . The Intv new Dka is the best version so far.

Intelligentvision is willing to buy back your Donkey Kong Arcade cart. Keep the box, manual, and overlays for the upgrade being sold. They do not want you to fell stiffed with your original purchase. Contact them for more information.

http://www.intellivision.us/

No need for them to do that, both releases are excellent, and I'm sure all are happy with their original purchase, which was the first new release for the INTV in what, four or five years? I'll be keeping my copies, and will also be buying the new ones.

Heck, I've actually been playing DK quite a bit more in the past few weeks in anticipation of DK2 arriving ! :D

Outlawtorn, you reminded me of something. No one has hosted a HIGH SCORE competition with DKA yet. Not even here on AA (unless I missed it?) or on Intellivision.us or anywhere that I know of. And here we are like a month away from the 'sequal' and DKA has been out since last July/august?

Whats up with that!

Dunno, why haven't you started one yet ?? ;)

I will have some time later this week... let me see what I can come up with :twisted:

Intelligentvision is willing to buy back your Donkey Kong Arcade cart. Keep the box, manual, and overlays for the upgrade being sold. They do not want you to fell stiffed with your original purchase. Contact them for more information.

http://www.intellivision.us/

No need for them to do that, both releases are excellent, and I'm sure all are happy with their original purchase, which was the first new release for the INTV in what, four or five years? I'll be keeping my copies, and will also be buying the new ones.

Yeah, I feel the same way. But the offer was a nice gesture nonetheless.

Cmart, this is just adding even more Donkey Kong variations to you already large variation collection, isnt it?!! LOL

Now all we need is a CBS D2K release. :D :D :D ........and also an Australian CBS Clamshell version. :rolling:

Is there anything we wont buy?

Don't forget the German, French and Canadian bilingual versions! :)

Ah yes !! We cannot forget the bilingual ones !! :D

I love it!!! No one is realizing how stupid it is that the game is called D1K and D2K. How does that phrase go? A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf. Why not have the cojones and just call it what it is. Donkey Kong!

Does anyone else realize what a scam this is? Really? Two versions? Is there some technical reason D2K can't be sold as cart only? I am just sayin'. I guess the collectors have to be duped to spend money on version 3 and 4 of Intellivision Donkey Kong. How many versions will you make? Should I wait for D9K? Oh, I will be broke by then.

Am I pissed? I only have so much money to buy games and if I want to keep my collection complete, I have to be suckered into buying more versions of the same game I already have. Nice.

I think I will have a lawyer read the privacy policy on the website before I even click on another page. This is supposed to be a hobby not a fricken business!!!!!!! Thanks for messing up my collection. There is no way I can buy both of them. I am not even sure that my lawyer will let me even buy one.

Okay, so here's my theory.

D2K supposed to come out in March. "Games for Your Intellivision" wanted to give this game full deluxe treatment with:

1. A Full feature, fully tested program.

2. Packaging.

3. Overlays.

4. Shrink wrap.

5. Brand new cartridge shells.

So they printed up a bunch of circuit boards.

But, for some reason, one or more of the above pieces wasn't ready in March.

Sooo, "Games for Your Intellivision" had a bunch of money tied up in circuit boards, with nothing to sell.

So, they decided to release D1K, cartridge only, while waiting for D2K to come together.

They have plainly said that, if someone intends to buy D2K, there is probably no need to buy D1K.

The only advantages to D1K are:

1. It's available now.

2. It's cheaper

3. You can play the levels in the same order as the Japanese arcade game.

The advantages to D2K are:

1. It has the deluxe treatment - packaging, overlays, etc.

2. It has 9 levels - the original 4 plus 5 new ones.

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Okay, so here's my theory.

D2K supposed to come out in March. "Games for Your Intellivision" wanted to give this game full deluxe treatment with:

1. A Full feature, fully tested program.

2. Packaging.

3. Overlays.

4. Shrink wrap.

5. Brand new cartridge shells.

So they printed up a bunch of circuit boards.

But, for some reason, one or more of the above pieces wasn't ready in March.

Sooo, "Games for Your Intellivision" had a bunch of money tied up in circuit boards, with nothing to sell.

So, they decided to release D1K, cartridge only, while waiting for D2K to come together.

They have plainly said that, if someone intends to buy D2K, there is probably no need to buy D1K.

The only advantages to D1K are:

1. It's available now.

2. It's cheaper

3. You can play the levels in the same order as the Japanese arcade game.

The advantages to D2K are:

1. It has the deluxe treatment - packaging, overlays, etc.

2. It has 9 levels - the original 4 plus 5 new ones.

Please correct me if I am wrong...

You forgot the part where there were conflicting and confusing messages put out, causing a lot of confusion and even some resentment.

I just point this out because, as a new enterprise, "Games for Your Intellivision" should be very aware of their audience perceptions, and very keen on how they are managing them.

Live and learn, as they say. I'm sure the next release will go rather more smoothly. :)

-dZ.

No one is twisting anyone's arm to buy D1K.

I wanted to be selling D2K now, but because of printing delays (hiring a person who said they could do a box but could not) and other challenges, the printing has been delayed.

Anyone who says that D2K is simply a repackaging of D1K hasn't been paying attention.

I know who you are 'Iloveintellivision2'.....I am sure many people do.

We aren't creating 'collectibles'....we are creating games for your Intellivision. It is up to you to decide if you want to buy them or not.

Of course everyone knows who I am. I am an Intellivision COLLECTOR just like everyone else (hence my name). I don't know why everyone else is so scared to state the facts and why you are so scared to answer simple questions like why not just release D2K on cart? I am just sayin'

You must be so clueless to the homebrew scene. Don't you realize that most of us are collectors first. We buy anything and everything that comes out. Releasing D1K "forces" us to buy it. You saying that we don't have to buy it either makes you ignorant to the scene or just your way of defending that you're trying to get as much money from us as possible. Dude, I am already broke. You are killin' me.

Sigh ... so much anger on this forum!

I for one am happy to see new games coming out for the system that I love. I already own Donkey Kong from Intellivision.us. I'm happy with that release and will keep it but I also plan on buying the D2K when it comes out soon. I have NO plans on buying the re-release of D1K as I already own it (I don't collect variations, but understand that obsession).

From what I gather on my occasional trolling on the forums (and I could be wrong) is that there is some animosity between Intellivision.us and Games for your Intellivision. Personally, I'd advise both parties to leave that animosity off of the boards and take the high road. Both companies are doing what they can to promote the system that I grew up with so let's leave it at that.

Just my 2 cents. (hey, if they decide to get rid of the penny here is the US, will I need to change that expression to "just my 5 cents?")

Who's the Intellivision.us poster? I have been giving kudos to dZ. At least he is releasing a new game. I have no beef with Games. I just wish he would release Carl's games as Donkey Kong and release Donkey Kong Junior. I want NEW titles. Not the same old same old. Everyone is crapping on harley, I thought I would just join in the fun.

There is no reason to buy both D1K and D2K. D1K is not even by most measures a collectible, since it's just a game in a baggie with one sheet of folded instructions. It's a good deal for the price, to be sure. But, again, it's just for those on a budget or those who only care about the arcade levels and won't be picking up D2K, which will be more expensive but include box, printed instructions, and overlay, and of course, the extra levels.

It's really not that hard… If I didn't know any better I would say the same poster is trying to drum up trouble under two different names… But whatever, this is my last post about the subject.

And by the way, I'm not dumping on Harley. He did a great job with the original DK, but his behavior on these forums is starting to change my opinion.

Carl

I love it!!! No one is realizing how stupid it is that the game is called D1K and D2K. How does that phrase go? A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf. Why not have the cojones and just call it what it is. Donkey Kong!

Does anyone else realize what a scam this is? Really? Two versions? Is there some technical reason D2K can't be sold as cart only? I am just sayin'. I guess the collectors have to be duped to spend money on version 3 and 4 of Intellivision Donkey Kong. How many versions will you make? Should I wait for D9K? Oh, I will be broke by then.

Am I pissed? I only have so much money to buy games and if I want to keep my collection complete, I have to be suckered into buying more versions of the same game I already have. Nice.

I think I will have a lawyer read the privacy policy on the website before I even click on another page. This is supposed to be a hobby not a fricken business!!!!!!! Thanks for messing up my collection. There is no way I can buy both of them. I am not even sure that my lawyer will let me even buy one.

What the Fuck is going on in this thread? Release 50 versions who cares? Quit whining. I guess anyone else who has a homebrew or hack for INTV better slow down on production to be sure it is released when someone has the money to buy it. For someone who is new here to come and cause a shitstorm over something so stupid is just baffling. DON'T FUCKING BUY ANYTHING!

And keep your lawyers away from the community I love.

You must be so clueless to the homebrew scene. Don't you realize that most of us are collectors first. We buy anything and everything that comes out. Releasing D1K "forces" us to buy it. You saying that we don't have to buy it either makes you ignorant to the scene or just your way of defending that you're trying to get as much money from us as possible. Dude, I am already broke. You are killin' me.

It sounds like you have some sort of serious mental issue. Probably a compulsive horder or collector. Either way it's not anyone else's fault but your own.

This is your last warning. Stop now or you will be banned from this thread.

• Like 1

I got set up for credit cards, but they did it in Canadian funds.....not that we don't love Canadian funds at Classic Game Publishers, (We ARE a Canadian company) but we want to sell in US funds. So, it had to be corrected. It should be by the end of the week.

Sorry for the delays.

What about for us Canadians? Can we use the Canadian dollar credit card option, or will it just be US $ only and we need to wait for that to be up and running?

I am finding out if I have to 'pay double' for Canadian dollars. If not, I will probably keep the Canadian dollar Visa/Mastercard option.

If I have to pay twice for each currency, I am sorry, but you will have to purchase it based on US funds.

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision

Regardless, if anything, all involved with bringing us DK 1&2 deserve a firm handshake.I'm just thankful there are folks out there with enough ambition to produce new games after all these years, pretty frickin amazing IMO!

• Like 1