IGNORED

Best weekend yet.

bcprs1

I usually go out every 2 weeks looking for games. Very rarely do I find anything, but this weekend was different. First, I hit the local Salvation Army that never has anything. Well, I go over to the electronics sections and it is filled with NES games all for $1 each. I scooped up all the games there. I then walked to the back where I found 10 more plus 2 N64 games (one of which was Beetle Adventure Racing).

I then went to another thrift store where I last got a complete 7800 for $7 (unfortunately the sound didn't work, but the power supply was worth it). I was able to pick up 6 somewhat common games and my first Xonox game, Artillery Duel all for $.50 each. Then, on the ride home, I stopped at another place that I never find games. I asked the guy if he had anything and he comes back with a box of 50 NES game including Dragon Warrior II and IV. I ask him how much. He says $20 for everything. I couldn't get the money out fast enough.

Finally, my mother calls me up and mentions that some guy put an ad in the local paper where people give stuff away. He is giving away 15 original NES games. Needless to say, I am contacting the paper tomorrow morning :D

Oh, don't contact me about the Dragon Warrior games. I am keeping those for myself :D ... actually just about everything I bought I don't have yet.

I usually go out every 2 weeks looking for games.  Very rarely do I find anything, but this weekend was different.  First, I hit the local Salvation Army that never has anything.  Well, I go over to the electronics sections and it is filled with NES games all for $1 each.  I scooped up all the games there.  I then walked to the back where I found 10 more plus 2 N64 games (one of which was Beetle Adventure Racing).

I then went to another thrift store where I last got a complete 7800 for $7 (unfortunately the sound didn't work, but the power supply was worth it).  I was able to pick up 6 somewhat common games and my first Xonox game, Artillery Duel all for $.50 each.  Then, on the ride home, I stopped at another place that I never find games.  I asked the guy if he had anything and he comes back with a box of 50 NES game including Dragon Warrior II and IV.  I ask him how much.  He says $20 for everything.  I couldn't get the money out fast enough.

Finally, my mother calls me up and mentions that some guy put an ad in the local paper where people give stuff away.  He is giving away 15 original NES games.  Needless to say, I am contacting the paper tomorrow morning  :D

Oh, don't contact me about the Dragon Warrior games.  I am keeping those for myself  :D ... actually just about everything I bought I don't have yet.

Blah. All I got today was an art label Sears Space Invaders and two text label carts: Outlaw and Golf. And I had to stand in line 20 minutes to pay for them, and they rang them up at the wrong price, and I had to wait until somebody with a brain was actually working at the counter (this guy's hands were so fat he couldn't even get change out of the till, he reminded me of a big dumb jock) who could fix it. Sucky shitty day, and reading about your score I'd usually say congratulations and good job but since I only own the first Dragon Warrior I'm just going to :P all over this.

Well, I had a pretty darned good weekend too! Not too much Atari, but, I did get a big big box of 38 boxed intellivision games - with manuals and overlays - a boxed intellivoice - and a working intellivision. Also, in that "magic box" was a boxed "Double Dunk", "Desert Falcon" and a "Spider Fighter"! YEA FOR ME!!! I got it for a ridiculously silly price, so I'm sending everything intellivision that doubled up in my collection to MacGurl and Sauron for a ridiculously silly price... Just passing on the love, baby!

But, the thing that I found even more exciting was a brand new, ridiculously HUGE stuffed Tigger (Disney store $60-$80) for $2!!!

At least I'll have SOMETHING to cuddle up next to on this 7 degree evening.

(In a very very normal, non-sexual way - don't EVEN GO THERE!!!)

Happy hunting, ya'll!

i had a not too shabby find today

the local used game store has boxes full of atari games and i go there every few weeks or so to pick some up

well today i got dragon fire, no escape, koolaid man, and laser blast

they were fairly cheap so im not complainin ( even if laserblast does suck)

and earlier my new bro-in-law (as of saturday) gave me a working kaboom! (finally) and a butt load of manuals

so im happy

and a friend of mine just bought his first atari there and a few games

(including wireless controllers) err... competition

:D

is

The Funcolands here are NES hot zones... No atari there though :-)

Funcoland is the only place besides eBay that I ever get good NES deals. The actual "game stores" will blow out Atari, Coleco and Intellivision for bargain prices but slap the name "Nintendo" on it and they think it's made out of gold. I had to about shit myself laughing at the Gamers on 72nd today because obviously the GameCube owners are now blowing out their N64's like there's no tomorrow - they had 10 to THIRTY copies of some titles (no I'm not exaggerating) and STILL price them at $20 or more apiece! Who are they kidding?

I have to start looking into the prices/rarity of NES games. I see them all the time at thrifts/fleas/yard sales, but I never really know what is good. I just buy them if they are cheap. Actually, I just bought a DP a few weeks ago. That will help, but people get suspicious when you start carrying around guide books.

I have to start looking into the prices/rarity of NES games.  I see them all the time at thrifts/fleas/yard sales, but I never really know what is good.  I just buy them if they are cheap.  Actually, I just bought a DP a few weeks ago.  That will help, but people get suspicious when you start carrying around guide books.

Yeah that book might make some guys raise your prices :). You can print out a list of NES games from the DP website, front and back it might be only a few pages. From that checklist you can write down the rarity #'s and it's a lot easier to carry.

I'm probably going to do the same thing, I've seen hundreds of different NES games for $1 but outside of the most common games and the most rare, I don't know any of the values.

Damn you! That's my Salvation Army!!!!!!!!!!   :x  

j/k  ;)  Awesome find.

LOL, come now Keir, that is the first find I have ever got there. I always ask if they have games and they say "yea, we get them all the time, but they usually go fast". Unless there is another buyer in the area that is beating both of us, then it has to be you.

For those of you who don't know, Keir and I live right down the street from each other.

LOL, come now Keir, that is the first find I have ever got there. I always ask if they have games and they say "yea, we get them all the time, but they usually go fast". Unless there is another buyer in the area that is beating both of us, then it has to be you.

Nope, it's not me! In the nearly 4 years that I've been going there I've had two good finds:

Just before Christmas I got a MIB NES Action Set with a couple boxed games for about $20

About a year ago I picked up a complete Atari 600XL with cassette recorder (also complete in box)

I've seen a few other games there but never picked them up. I wonder who our mystery person could be........... ????

I've found squat from my local Salvation Army (Strongsville, OH) and Goodwill (North Olmsted, OH), but I have run across approximately 4,503,219 copies of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for Nintendo. :)

My finds have come via eBay (yes...I paid a bit for some stuff, but I really wanted a boxed H.E.R.O.), collectorscardsandgames.com (good for filling-in must-haves; won an item off of eBay from here and have bought the occasional item from there ever since), the Big Fun store in the Coventry neighborhood of Cleveland ($2-$3 common loose carts, mostly to fill-in some of my wants) and the occasional flea market trip to suburban Akron, OH.

I need to hit some garage sales this summer...

Voch