IGNORED

Again or not... PF2&PF3 and PRIOR0 Oring

I talked about this with someone some time ago but it was on static screen and it is possible but if it is on a scrolling one, an Horizontal scrolling.

This screen just as an example:

post-6517-0-51110300-1333120263_thumb.png

Lets say that here we have:

BACKR.- Black

PF0 and PF1 as Light and Middle Gray

and then:

PF2- Dark Gray (0,6)

PF3- White (0,14)

Now I would like to use PM2 and PM3 as overlay on the two Enemies.

-> BROWN guy:

PM2- (1,8 )

-> ORANGE guy:

PM3- (2,8 )

Their face and hands would be the Oring that will ever be their PM colour with ,14 luminance whenever they are above PF2 or they are above PF3.

Now, and also, thinking that they are pre-calculated and always move the same way, the same x,y at screen we can have their faces in the soft sprite using PF2 or using PF3 because Oring will always result in the same light luminance ,14.

Can this, at least in the Enemies with 'known movements and x,y Pos' be possible if this screen would be a horizontal scroller?

(By the way, would this size sprites with 4PMs overlaying 4soft sprites be possible CPU/cycles?

It can be any screen wide 32,40,48bytes... at least 32bytes?)

Thanks.

Edited by José Pereira

Why do you especially want to use GPRIOR = 0 mode, in this case? And do you want to be able to make a 100% exact gfx-port?

Just because I always need a second colour to get the Enemys and the guys skin colour.

For Barrels and Bonus PM1 and guy PM0 I have always 3colours available and no clash because their Pms interact with PF0&PF1.

Enemys is where is the problem.

If my question can have an afirmative answer then you could get something around this on the horizontal scrolling levels (and not only for Sly Spy but for al this kind of games):post-6517-0-84502100-1333219984_thumb.png

And as for cycles it can be any of the three possible bytes wide screen Modes.

@ J.P.

I doubt if you can do on real atari what you're drawing here in concept-graphics.

If you take a closer look at the sprite of the brown guy, then I assume his face is a PM2+PF3 mix, and his darker jacket is a PM2+PF2 mix. This will give a conflict in real graphics, as we have coarse Antic C resolution for making PF2 / PF3 choices.

Another problem will be artifacts of moving the gfx in the font data.

@ J.P.

I doubt if you can do on real atari what you're drawing here in concept-graphics.

If you take a closer look at the sprite of the brown guy, then I assume his face is a PM2+PF3 mix, and his darker jacket is a PM2+PF2 mix. This will give a conflict in real graphics, as we have coarse Antic C resolution for making PF2 / PF3 choices.

Another problem will be artifacts of moving the gfx in the font data.

My screens... and your answer isn't the answer for my question.

But no problem... because I also have 'scrolling and no PF2/PF3 conflicts', just a simple horizontal scrolling and simple (no under/overlays...) on the sprites...

Just 'Emulating the damn' C64 Multicolour Bitmap Mode like I did in Cybernoid2, LN... and...

http://formatwar.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=275&p=4626#p4626