IGNORED

Donkey Kong 1&2

Rik

First of all, my apologies if this is old news.I walked into the local gaming store last week and was pleasantly surprised to see an advance demo copy of DK 1&2 for the great Intellivision.Let me just say, this game is absolutely mind blowing in every way!!!!!!.One version has three characters Luigi, Mario, and Tony, each with different strengths/weaknesses.The game even has voice, the girl standing next to Kong yells 'HELP" at the beginning.The girders on the barrel screen has holes in the girders also.The thing i was wondering, is this the same game that was mentioned here already?I didn't have much time to check it out as i had groceries in the car and had to leave right away.I live in Ontario, Canada, and one or 2 of the guys involved in creating this game is a local guy.I think one of the last names i saw on the credit screen was "CHEVALIER"Anyway i put a down payment on DK1, and will get DK2 when it is released.

Edited by Rik

Just to be clear:

DK1 is an enhanced re-release of DK ARCADE released by Intelligentvision last year. It has the original title screen, new voices, and other improvements plus the option to play the game using the Japanese screen ordering (barrels, pie factory, elevators, rivets). This is for people on a budget or who just want the original arcade game, or for collectors who missed out on the first release.

DK2 is the sequel to DK1 and contains all DK1 levels, the voices, and five new screens in Game 2. It will be released with box, overlays, and instructions and will also be shrink-wrapped.

Both games contain three playable characters: Mario, Toni, and Bruno.

If you're going to buy DK2 there is not much reason to buy DK1 unless you are a collector or you're very interested in playing the game using the Japanese screen ordering.

The games are also known as "D1K", and "D2K", just to further confuse matters. ;-)

Glad you enjoyed the demo, and thanks for buying!

Carl

More info:

http://gamesforyourintellivision.com

Unfortunately no, we aren't there yet :-(

Getting into the Intellivision publishing business is a learning process. I am learning what you can and cannot print.

The game, art and 'look' of the packaging is done, but it has to be prepared for the printer, and then sent to the printer.

I hired a guy I thought could do it, and it turned out, he couldn't.....so, I had to find someone else, who is a professional, but is very busy.

The bottom line is, I am hoping for the first week of May now.

I wouldnt even mind if you delayed it until end of may or into june.......not that i dont want it to come out or something. Its just that i want the best looking/playing game possible!!!

BTW, i think this the first time a "homebrew" game has been shrinkwrapped?

I know you dont like it to be called homebrew, but I just use that for the lack of a better term......new old game? :)

When Valter started Elektronite, he didn't envision it as a hobbyist company. He envisioned it as a reboot of the Intellivision publishing business.

We are picking up where Activision, Imagic, and INTV left off.

I like the sound of that so much. :)

When Valter started Elektronite, he didn't envision it as a hobbyist company. He envisioned it as a reboot of the Intellivision publishing business.

We are picking up where Activision, Imagic, and INTV left off.

Pretty interesting......now all that needs to happen is someone design and make available a newly designed console: INTV LITE.

Newle designed controllers that are detachable, of course a cartridge slot...preferable top load. maybe an sd card slot where you could put a rom on an sd card and instantly play that game.......maybe sell roms cheaper? i wonder what all this would cost.....

Rik,

1UP Games has D1K Arcade in stock now.

Check out the D2K Artwork on the wall too.

Rev, be careful what you wish for.......it might just come true....

Seriously? I'm in!!! :)

Cmart, we know you are in..............you would buy intellivision branded toilet paper.............but so would I !!!!!! :rolling:

Okay I'm not clear, is D1K Arcade ready for purchase now, then?

I dont think so, It isnt on the gamesforyourintellivision website yet.

But There is a sneak preview at a video game store in Ontario Canada called 1 up games where you can play a demo and order it.

I think by next week the order page will be ready on the official website if my calculations are ready. But im sure He will make a post when the game is officially ready to order.

Townpark, You didnt get the Intelligentvision version?

Townpark, You didnt get the Intelligentvision version?

Nope. Supremely poor, remember? That was $50. Couldn't talk the wife into that. $35 though? That I can maybe talk her into. Plus from what I'm reading it's a good thing I missed that version and will be able to get this one; apparently it's a better version. The fact is at the end of the day, running a radio station with pure public domain content (you know, the legal and moral thing to do?) doesn't pay. If I decided to go like Club 977 or The Cape Radio though and completely skip paying royalties I could probably be rich.

...don't mind me. I just got back from a conference call with other internet station owners who were complaining about how Internet royalties are insane so they refuse to pay. I was the sole voice saying "You know what? You really don't own those songs and cannot legally be making a cent off of them, but you are. And now you're all complaining about how the content providers want their cut." Maybe it's just sour grapes, but it pains me to see people pulling in a thousand plus a month by what's essentially stealing, when I can;t even make my damned station pay for it's expenses every month. Everyone I talk to thinks that family-safe radio drama is a wonderful idea and the world "needs" it, but nobody ever wants to PAY. This kind of thing is why Air America can't stay on the air, "Liberal talk radio! Sign me up! Wait, you want me to pay? eeew, no!"

All the intelligentsia folks love my station. There are prisons in Russia that literally play it all day in their common room, I know because I get thank you letters from Universities and said prisons, but nobody wants to pay a cent; yet they all suggest I do this and that to amke the station "just a bit better". Well "this and that" all cost money to license, and...

Blargh. I'm ranting. I just hate being the only person in a sea of corruption willing to do this the right legal and moral way (as well as child-friendly, you'd be shocked how many stations advertising "clean" on iTunes have rap songs with offensive lyrics on them), and I'm the only one not making any money. It makes one bitter about digital piracy, claiming it "hurts nobody". Bologna. The artist deserve a cut of the take internet radio is getting because it's THEIR ART these people are making money off of. And I don't much care for the pirates' line of "I wasn't gonna buy it anyway" either. If you won't buy it, you don't get to consume it. The entitlement attitude is just.. stunning. It doesn't bother me when people download roms of games from decades ago, but really, what excuse does anyone have to pirate Mass Effect 3? If you think it's worth playing, then it's worth PAYING FOR.

...still ranting. I'll just stop. So how about this whacky weather?

Yeah, when on a budget, 35 is a great deal.

Do you plan on, even interested in D2K? or you are just happy with D1K?

That brings up another point. Should they make available, maybe after the initial sales are through, a cart only option of D2K for people that dont really care about the box, manual , overlay and just want to play the game....I think it was brought up before...but maybe it needs a second look if there is enough interest?

...just a thought.

TPR, I just checked out your radio station. Interesting stuff....now I know why they play it in that Russian Prison....for torture!!!! OUCH.....sorry about that..im mean. :grin:

Please forgive me!

Yeah, when on a budget, 35 is a great deal.

Do you plan on, even interested in D2K? or you are just happy with D1K?

That brings up another point. Should they make available, maybe after the initial sales are through, a cart only option of D2K for people that dont really care about the box, manual , overlay and just want to play the game....I think it was brought up before...but maybe it needs a second look if there is enough interest?

...just a thought.

TPR, I just checked out your radio station. Interesting stuff....now I know why they play it in that Russian Prison....for torture!!!! OUCH.....sorry about that..im mean. :grin:

Please forgive me!

Heh, no worries. It's not for everyone. As for D2K, I have some interest but the new levels look rather difficult. Also look at it from their point of view, if they made just a cart release, who would buy D1K anymore? As I understand it, D2K literally includes D1K. Also, to be honest? I doubt printing the boxes and whatnot are the bulk of the cost, so I don't know how much they could actually cut off the per-unit price and still make a profit. I'm surprised, and glad, they're offering a cart-only D1K. It's cheaper, has all the levels I'm familiar with, looks good to me. If I saw them side by side for the same price I'd obviously go for D2K, but I can happily own D1K Arcade and know I'm not missing anything I "need" to have. I didn't grow up with those other levels. I've never even seen them before.

Rik,

1UP Games has D1K Arcade in stock now.

Check out the D2K Artwork on the wall too.

Rev, be careful what you wish for.......it might just come true....

Okay, thanks for the headsup!I'll head there tomorrow.Take care friend!!!

I am in the process of adding my Visa/Mastercard to the website......

BUT, as for taking Money Orders, D1K Arcade is shipping NOW....

We take checks (cheques) but hold them for 15 business days before shipping the product in order for the check to clear.

D1K Arcade is improved a lot from last year's release. It is closer to the arcade game than ever before. You can 'control' the barrels, just like shown in King of Kong...this version has a voice.....(activated by a code)...this version has a 30 fps mode for some strange HD TVs (activated by a code)...this version controls better....this version has two modes....North American and Japanese.....When we get the overlay design finished (similar to the D2K overlay) we will be allowing you to download a high resolution copy of it and printing it out however you wish. Instructions are included on a sheet. The game is housed in a refurbished Mattel cartridge shell, that has been WASHED....no dusty old shell.

• Like 3