IGNORED

Star War's Games On The Wii

Mendon

With the release of Star War's Kinect, I've found I suddenly have an interest in playing a Star War's game.

I'm curious: are either of the Clone War titles for the Wii..... Lightsaber Duels and Republic Hero's.... worth buying? I've played neither before and not sure how well they were received by gamers.

I played Force Unleashed and had some fun with it but found it got repetitious very quickly. I haven't played Force Unleashed 2... is it any better or worse than the first game?

The Lego Star War's games really hold no interest for me unless people post here that they are really fun games, then I might take a look.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Mendon

Slim pickings on the Wii for Star Wars. Your best bet is to find some of the Gamecube Star Wars games and play those on your Wii instead:

Jedi Outcast

Rogue Leader

Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Assault

Those are the best ones. If you're willing to wade into so-so territory, there's also these ones:

Bounty Hunter

The Clone Wars

Force Unleashed II is more of the same on HD consoles. I assume it's a similar story on Wii, but I haven't played the sequel on that platform.

And of course, there's always the Lego Star Wars games, though you have disavowed any interest in getting those. Personally, I played through both I and II on PS2, and they have been the only games in the Lego series so far that held my attention. They're kids games, but the exploration and collect-a-thon progression is quite addicting. If you change your mind, The Complete Saga on Wii is your best bet.

Also, if you're into Virtual Console, you might want to consider picking up the Super Star Wars games for SNES. They're not quite as good as Contra, but they're very fun games in their own right.

Edited by MagitekAngel

Mendon...definitely grab Lego Star Wars. They are the BEST Lego games of the entire series and I played all of them except for Pirates.

Other than the Forced Unleashed and Lego I haven't played anything else lately. I finished Force Unleashed and thought it was "OK". Forced Unleashed 2 is a bit of a letdown and I never went back to it. Played about 3 hours and thought the improvements in combat was cool but it just didnt hold my interest. Repetitions again. If you didnt like the first game you wont like this one.

Rogue Leader on the Cube was very good.

Star Wars games I really wish would be re-made is the X-Wing\Tie Fighter combat sim games and Star Wars Arcade with modern controls that work.

An exceptional 1990's Star Wars game on the PC was Jedi Knight Dark Forces II.

Its really dated by todays standards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Jedi_Knight:_Dark_Forces_II