IGNORED

This is just one strange auction.....

Rev

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 270912918437

Last updated on Feb 14, 2012 04:10:37 PST View all revisionsp><p>Last updated on Feb 14, 2012 04:10:37 PST View all revisions&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I was searching for 'intellivision baseball' and this this auction for shipping boxes was among them, so i clicked on it to see how many boxes was for sale(which they dont say how many either)

Then I see the auction description......now I know why this shipping box auction came up in an intellivision baseball search.

Looks like a conflicting UPC number. I searched for it, and the UPC code for those boxes appears to be the same as that for Intellivision Major League Baseball. The product info in that auction was probably auto-populated from eBay's UPC database.

Aren't UPC numbers susposed to be unique and never issued again, like Library of Congress numbers, so that something like this doesn't happen? :?

Since Ebay are being royal d**** about adding product info to your auction even if the product info doesn't even exist, i'd say he was happy enough to use any product info just to get Ebay off your back.

Or it's a marketing ploy, sell the boxes in every category on Ebay. You could be doing your everyday searches and run across the boxes and say, i need those so i can ship my games. :)