IGNORED

hombrew?

Jinks

Ok got neo geo bios in emu roms do you pu neo geo roms in the ng bios folder ??

Is the emulator your using called GxGeo? The info I found says it should be set up as:

Your ROMs (zipped up) and BIOS files should go in /sd/gxgeo/roms

Maybe some info HERE for you? I dunno just what I found with quick Googling:

http://gbatemp.net/topic/118206-gxgeo-neo-geo-for-the-wii/

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Network wii to the pc?? Do smc files work..

I know everyone needs to experiment and buy sd cards and spend hours reading as there is no surefire way to make this work cause of all the variables.. maybe get a computer tech to figure all the geek angles to this?

You must be doing something very wrong, because I skimmed maybe two or three readmes and figured everything out lickety split, no problems at all.

N64 shouldn't be that glitchy, most games should work slightly better than they do on PC emulators. But no 64 emulator is 100% yet, so there's still a lot of games that will glitch.

Never tried getting NeoGeo working on the Wii, but I'm sure it can't be much more complicated than getting it to work on the PC.

Ok got neo geo bios in emu roms do you pu neo geo roms in the ng bios folder ??

Is the emulator your using called GxGeo? The info I found says it should be set up as:

Your ROMs (zipped up) and BIOS files should go in /sd/gxgeo/roms

Maybe some info HERE for you? I dunno just what I found with quick Googling:

http://gbatemp.net/topic/118206-gxgeo-neo-geo-for-the-wii/

No the emulator is called mame.

They are mame roms? are they not? Is there a special emu for neo geo on home brew browser? Maybe i missed that on the list..

I will read some more i guess. i only get about 2- 3 hours tops a week for this after that i get in shit..

Network wii to the pc?? Do smc files work..

I know everyone needs to experiment and buy sd cards and spend hours reading as there is no surefire way to make this work cause of all the variables.. maybe get a computer tech to figure all the geek angles to this?

You must be doing something very wrong, because I skimmed maybe two or three readmes and figured everything out lickety split, no problems at all.

N64 shouldn't be that glitchy, most games should work slightly better than they do on PC emulators. But no 64 emulator is 100% yet, so there's still a lot of games that will glitch.

Never tried getting NeoGeo working on the Wii, but I'm sure it can't be much more complicated than getting it to work on the PC.

i dont even bother with n64 i am going to delete the emulator. i put about ten games on there and it just freezes with a black screen then the game screen appears juat the top half and runs so slow about a frame every second. Snes got to work. and some sega genises got one game so far to work. I want mame cause its the best graphics that i can get to work on the emulators..

I want mame cause its the best graphics that i can get to work on the emulators..

MAME is a challenge on any platform, because they're always changing the ROMs. A ROM that works perfectly on one version of MAME will come up with missing file errors on another, and the program that's supposed to audit them for you is mega confusing.

• Like 1

I want mame cause its the best graphics that i can get to work on the emulators..

MAME is a challenge on any platform, because they're always changing the ROMs. A ROM that works perfectly on one version of MAME will come up with missing file errors on another, and the program that's supposed to audit them for you is mega confusing.

For damn sure. You'd think they could add a "non-strict" option to MAME to let it try to run non-matching ROMs.

I downloaded neo geo. says press 1 2 to load roms. nothing happens.. its a pos emulator.. 7800 works good.

I gave gxgeo a quick test to see if the problem was you, or the emulator.

The emulator works great. Just gotta read.

• Like 1

Could you give me a couple step procedure on how you made it work. i cant find info for wii. neogx roms. i got the emu from hbb. i downloaded roms unzipped put to neogx rom folder. Ran emu nothing happens. i tried bios rom in rom folder and with roms nothing. i got nes to work thu. so all in all getting things working. just neogeo gives me trouble.. and colecoem..and where to get ps1 roms??

But one thing at a time. neogx would be nice.

Ok put unzipped bios in rom folder on neogx. put zipped neo geo roms in the rom folder about 5 in case some are bad and nothing. says press 1 or 2 to load rom and home to exit. maybe its not the right folder? Maybe roms go under sub folders under the bios rom ? I dont get errors nothing happens.

When you want roms do you use neo roms for neo or mame emu. when you search mame says neo? I have no clue wtf is going on. Can really only play consistanly get old school arcades like pre 84 everything else usually never works or even is displayed in the list. anyone recondmend games. got tapper. punch out. Karate champ dd 1 and 2, 3 is too new and the neo geo delema comes up..

Some people just aren't cut out for this stuff.

For anyone that may be perusing this thread, three things got trashed here that don't deserve it. HBC, HBB, and wiibrew are all very awesome and I'm glad people take the time to make them what they are. The Xbox is the best console of all time for modding but we never had anything close to HBB and our information was and still is scattered all over.

Edited by Hyper_Eye
  • Like 1

Jinks, do you have an adult or possibly a caretaker you can ask?

Ok forget it. eat my shit lowlife prick.

please delete entire thread. asking for help by geek gods is not allowed.

Dude, we all tried to help you. We pointed you to websites with all of the info you could possibly need. It's not our fault that you can't:

1. Use Google

2. Read directions

3. Understand how the basics of directory structure

4. Place files in the proper folder

It's not some sort of geek magic to get this stuff to work...Hell, it's harder to decipher your syntax and grammer challenged posts than it is to get HB working on the Wii.

Edited by Lord Helmet
  • Like 3

Ok forget it. eat my shit lowlife prick.

please delete entire thread. asking for help by geek gods is not allowed.

LOL nobody is deleting an entire thread because you so command, it will remain as a testament to what occurred here for reference. Locked maybe, probably but that is about it.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

• 3 weeks later...

Snes9x GX, FCE Ultra GX, Genesis Plus, Wii2600, Wii7800, SMS Plus, Hugo-Wii, and Visual Boy Advance GX all work GREAT out of the box. Lots of other emulators (like MAME) take a bit af tinkering to get results. Any computer emulator is going to lack a bit because of a lack of keyboard. Don't forget about great homebrew games like Still Alive Wii. www.wiibrew.org has lots of other titles. If not using Homebrew Browser, just download, copy to SD, and run (works for 90% of what's out there).

Any computer emulator is going to lack a bit because of a lack of keyboard.

Actually, you can plug just about any USB keyboard into the Wii and it'll recognize it. There's only a couple of official Wii programs that'll use it (like the Internet, I think?), but I know homebrew like DOSBox will use it.

Any computer emulator is going to lack a bit because of a lack of keyboard.

Actually, you can plug just about any USB keyboard into the Wii and it'll recognize it. There's only a couple of official Wii programs that'll use it (like the Internet, I think?), but I know homebrew like DOSBox will use it.

True, but it's not something that comes stock with the system... and most folks don't want to fool around with it on the Wii. On the other hand, a nice Sega Saturn pad and adapter for homebrew fighting games via emulator..... nice!

So hooking up a keyboard to usb would help in running the computer based emulators?

I have been doing big boy things and not playing video games!!!

Some people have major issues with people asking questions about things they know everything about. Are you going Senial Rex Dart. As you keep getting your depends in a bunch. As I have said b4 its not appreicated. You can shut your mouth and sit in the cornor and let the people talk that can provide usefull information to help me and others out on this topic.

Or if you feel the need go to one of many fps forum websites where theres tons of better than everyone noob noob calling flamewar homosexuals..