IGNORED

Xype Press Release 21.01.03

Cybergoth

Xype is very happy to announce that with their 8th hombrew game release they have Eduardo Mello joining their team.

In the past two years Xypes main focus was releasing new games for the Atari 2600 VCS, but this outstanding effort of a pixel perfect port of several Space Invaders Arcade machines to the Coleco is something the Xype members just had to admire.

Quality finds quality, and so it was a natural step to invite Eduardo Mello into the Xype team.

This is our first try to branch out to another platform and we are very proud to do it with such a major title.

This is by no means the end of Xypes Atari 2600 VCS activities, this is just the next evolutionary step of the basic Xype idea - Providing highest quality homebrew games for the classic gamer!

Xype - The Intercontinental Classic Video Game Creator

Xype is very happy to announce that with their 8th hombrew game release they have Eduardo Mello joining their team.

Congratulations Eduardo. Your work on the Colecovision is outstanding :o

You guys really need to consider having a domain or a home page. As you branch out more people will begin to wonder who you are. What better way then pointing them to a site with the XYPE mission or quality statement :D

So, okay, can someone who's "in the know" tell me how to pronounce Xype? Is it zipe, zipe-ee or eks-peh or WHAT?

Whatever you like. :)

I pronounce it like "hype" but starting with "ks". IIRC Manuel prefers starting with "z".

I think you guys should have a set group of requirements to be eligable... There are some good homebrews out that Xype ignores... and it would be interesting to find out why...

What makes a game Xype quality?

:idea: Quite easy, the decision of the current XYPE members.

When we think a game is very outstanding (gameplay AND coding) we invite the author to join us. Only the first five games of the founders of XYPE (Gunfight, Jammed, Oystron, Qb and Thrust) didn't go through that process.

We didn't ignore any 2600 homebrew, but some of those just didn't make it.

So, okay, can someone who's "in the know" tell me how to pronounce Xype? Is it zipe, zipe-ee or eks-peh or WHAT?

Whatever you like. :)

I pronounce it like "hype" but starting with "ks". IIRC Manuel prefers starting with "z".

I would think "skip-EH" would be most appropriate...

You guys really need to consider having a domain or a home page. As you branch out more people will begin to wonder who you are. What better way then pointing them to a site with the XYPE mission or quality statement :D

Oddly enough there's a company in the UK called Xype who has xype.com. Xype.net is also taken but seems to be "the digital playground of samo korosec" and must be only viewable in some plugin that my Linux box doesn't have.

xype.org is still open, as are all of xypegames.com/net/org. :)

Rob

Hi there!

Oh, the Xype website... it's in the works... but with Andrew focused on Fu Kung right now, it'll most likely be delayed again :roll:

Too bad, there's no fansite either...  :sad: ...  

( Hehe I wonder if that works :evil: )

Greetings,

Manuel

Uh... erm.... it won't happen overnight.

Any volunteers to do a XYPE website? I suck at site design.

Cheers

A

• 2 months later...

Heh,

I am willing to put together a XYPE site for you guys, depending on how elaborate you want it related to how cheap you'd like it (i.e. free, or free games, fruit baskets, coupons for powdered gravy, etc)

anyway you can see my web portfolio at

http://abscape.org/jester3/

I can do flash or html pretty easily. PM or email me at ben@abscape.org

Cheers,

Ben