IGNORED

Jack Tramiel dead :(

Retro Rogue

RIP. He's the reason my favourite system of all time released at all. I mean, sure he kind of screwed up the 7800 maybe, but he also took a company losing hundreds of millions and made it a fortune 500 again. Then, because of that, we saw five or six years of support for the 7800. That's not bad. In fact, I'd argue that taking on Atari when he did and making it into a money making enterprise again for as long as he did was a lot more than most other people would have managed. Heck, if the wrong people had gotten it, it might not have made it long enough to ever release any more hardware, ever.

He actually didn't delay it, Warner did by not including it in the purchase and demanding he pay off GCC.

I thought of you when I read this article. I don't know if you ever visit Gamasutra, let alone post there, but it seems the misinformation continues:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/168539/Computer_pioneer_Jack_Tramiel_relied_on_then_dismissed_video_games.php