IGNORED

my auction - Atari 2600 with 106 games

SteveVFX4

(edit - SOLD on second relisting, see my post below)

If you're interested, watch my auction here: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1808599889831?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180859988983&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

But I'm sure nobody from here will bid on it, since I've been trying to sell it in the Marketplace forum without receiving any offers. Reserve price is 130.

Edited by SteveVFX4

Welcome to AtariAge and thank you for giving us a shot at your items befor listing them on eBay.

You only joined on the 1st of April 2012 and often it takes more than 9 days for items to sell here.

There is probably a good portion of members who check the Marketplace daily, but I know I don't, so maybe you shouldn't be in such a hurry.

Good luck on your sale and a free bump. :thumbsup: It is too bad it is not a good time to be selling. :( The poor global ecomony is hitting both sides of the collecting market very hard. :mad: Many collectors are selling because they really need the cash now but the normal buyers are low on cash too and paying the bills comes first. More items available for sale is killing the prices of the more common items. Rising gas prices have doubled the cost of shipping items in the past few years and the need to fill up my tank has overridden my want to purchase many items. I am shocked that some items still command some pretty high prices.

Why the reserve price? Just sell it for what it is worth, and it is worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

You publicised it well, and no one here bought it, that should be an indicator to you that you are asking for more than it is worth.

Your best chance is to get as much interest on ebay with a low starting price and no reserve, that may spark a bidding war towards the end. Is it really worth the bother of holding on to it for another decade to potentially make an extra $50? If your games are common now, they won't get significantly rarer in 10 years.

• Like 1

You have a great lot for sale, but a few things may kill it:

1. The shipping is very high. I know the lot is heavy, but that may still kill the reserve price (reserve plus lowest shipping would still be over $170).

2. Put the lowest shipping as the first option - the priority mail option of over $80 (the first thing people see on the page) may scare away those who do not know how to navigate ebay's shipping tab.

Defender II and nofrills are both correct. "You listen to them, you live longer!"

You can try your luck with a low starting, no reserve auction. Who knows? Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it - and that value point changes almost daily (but that's the fun part about auctions). Anyway, just suggestions, and good luck!

ok we'll see. Yeah, I screwed up the list of shipping options and I can't get rid of the PriorityMail default at this point. So I had to add a note to tell people to check out the different shipping options for a cheaper price/option, hopefully they see it.

Edited by SteveVFX4

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it finally sold as-is with the storage cases. As mentioned by others, I screwed up the shipping on the original auction and the default expensive Priority Mail option probably scared alot of bidders away, the bid only went up to $96 and didn't meet my reserve of $130.

I decided to relist it with a reserve of $100 and I fixed the shipping options so that it defauted to the cheaper Parcel Post. In the closing minutes on the auction, it went up to $140 plus shipping. Overall, I'm happy with the price.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1808671328571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180867132857&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thank you for your interest and for helping me out.