IGNORED

Why EA Beat Out Bank of America For The Worst Company in America Title

JamesD

Also, Mass Effect 3 had a lie on the box saying that players choices determine the outcome. :P

Well, player choices do determine the outcome of some characters (Wrex, Miranda, etc). Maybe that's what they meant.

But, yeah, that online pass stuff sucks. And I've been using a Bank of America credit card for years now and never had a problem yet. What's so bad about BOA?

I don't see what the hubbub about the ending of ME3 is all about. I don't own the game (but will eventually). But from what I gather, there are about 26 different endings. That's more than what most game makers make. And whether or not you like the ending, you have to give the director some artistic license. I can see why, after investing time into the 3 games, that you'd want the grand ending but life doesn't always have a grand ending. So if people voted down EA based on the ending of ME3, that's kind of sad. Plenty of real reasons why to hate EA.

What's so bad about BOA?

There's a ton of crap they pull on consumers.

Banking seems to be somewhat ok at least it was ok for me too but what they did to my loan application for a mortgage was astonishing. My first taste along with Comcast on how they dont give a damn about ripping you off (if they can get away with it "legally") because either there is little if any competition or just because they can.

They basically sat on the app for months (straight 30 year fixed with perfect credit), I almost lost the home and they basically stole 500 bucks from me. (For the mortgage application fee etc). I won't go into detail cause it's a lot, but lets just say they acted like Comcast. Too big to give a shit what happens to you and if they can steal money from you all the better cause they know you cant do anything about it other than go to a court. The issue was the undewriter and their tactics....the mortgage rep actually told me....there own employee told me... that they suck and that she doesnt blame me for going somewhere else. I couldnt beleive it. I went with Garaunteed Rate and got it done in 9 days.

Anyway just a small example of how big corporations are acting. If it wasnt for the internet we would never know WTF is going on.

Thats why its really important shit like SOPA doesnt pass.

What's so bad about BOA?

Banking seems to be somewhat ok at least it was ok for me too but what they did to my loan application for a mortgage was astonishing. My first taste along with Comcast on how they dont give a damn about ripping you off (if they can get away with it "legally") because either there is little if any competition or just because they can.

They basically sat on the app for months (straight 30 year fixed with perfect credit), I almost lost the home and they basically stole 500 bucks from me. (For the mortgage application fee etc). I won't go into detail cause it's a lot, but lets just say they acted like Comcast. Too big to give a shit what happens to you and if they can steal money from you all the better cause they know you cant do anything about it other than go to a court. The issue was the undewriter and their tactics....the mortgage rep actually told me....there own employee told me... that they suck and that she doesnt blame me for going somewhere else. I couldnt beleive it. I went with Garaunteed Rate and got it done in 9 days.

Anyway just a small example of how big corporations are acting. If it wasnt for the internet we would never know WTF is going on.

Wow, that sucks. I'm glad I only have a credit card with them and nothing else. I guess I won't be asking them for a loan - thanks for the warning.

What's so bad about BOA?

Banking seems to be somewhat ok at least it was ok for me too but what they did to my loan application for a mortgage was astonishing. My first taste along with Comcast on how they don't give a damn about ripping you off (if they can get away with it "legally") because either there is little if any competition or just because they can.

They basically sat on the app for months (straight 30 year fixed with perfect credit), I almost lost the home and they basically stole 500 bucks from me. (For the mortgage application fee etc). I won't go into detail cause it's a lot, but lets just say they acted like Comcast. Too big to give a shit what happens to you and if they can steal money from you all the better cause they know you cant do anything about it other than go to a court. The issue was the underwriter and their tactics....the mortgage rep actually told me....there own employee told me... that they suck and that she doesn't blame me for going somewhere else. I couldn't believe it. I went with Guaranteed Rate and got it done in 9 days.

Anyway just a small example of how big corporations are acting. If it wasn't for the internet we would never know WTF is going on.

Thats why its really important shit like SOPA doesn't pass.

Whats Right with BOA I have 2 Mortgages with them always make my payments The 1st loan is straight 30 year 2nd is a Home equity line and in the last year with falling values as they told me they cut off my line of credit

with no notice just said your property is not worth what you owe us and when I asked about refinancing they said you owe more than its worth maybe I should strip the copper sell it pack up and Let BOA have another property That's not worth refinancing

Oh this is about EA ...They suck too

What's so bad about BOA?

Wow, that sucks. I'm glad I only have a credit card with them and nothing else. I guess I won't be asking them for a loan - thanks for the warning.

No problem.

No way. No loans or mortgages from BOA. Tell your family and friends to be wary of them (at least when it comes to loans from my experience.)

Nobody remembers Command and Conquer 3? Buy the retail version, still have to download another 15 meg (whatever size it was) patch/update, only to still get the error message *you must have a retail copy of this game to play*. Uhm duh. I just bought the retail version. Quite a bit of flack on the forums about it way back when. Of course EA was oblivious. I always suspected the failure was due to EA's DRM copy protections. I've tried not to make any purchase of games affiliated to EA since. If EA wants to be the piracy police more power to them. But if they punish retail buyers for purchasing their software then as a company they should fail. Wishful thinking. The government would probably just bail them out.