IGNORED

Atari ST Starter Kit

Just wondering where you ST collectors would recommend I start looking to acquire the machine and such to get me started? Obviously I don't want to pay an arm and a leg - I just want the machine and a drive and maybe some software to get me going.

I don't have any experience with the ST outside of playing with STeem a bit (and seeing it at a friends once as a kid). Which is why I'm coming to you guys and gals. :D

Mega4STe is what I would get - Someone was giving one away for free provided you take the rest of his ST equipment (you pay for shipping).

It had a starter kit and everything else - check past msgs on this board for it.

Otherwise a 1040ST or Mega2 ST would do the job.

• 2 weeks later...

If you were in the UK, you could try a cash converters shop!

I've bought a 520STFM & 1040STE from there for under £50, I even bought a Jaguar from them!!

But a 1040STE would have to be the minimum spec machine, but then again not much software actually used the extra specs of the STE and quite a few of my older games & demo's don't run on an STE, so maybe a 1040STFM or one of the older 'Mega' ST's

I also ship abroad but shipping could be a killer.... suggest you try some yank dealer... maybe Systems for Tormorrow... tell Kent nick sent you.

just had a thought what about the Toronto Atari Group... TAS .. very friendly and nice bunch of folk... leastways they were when I went to one of their meets alittle while ago..(years ago)

nick