IGNORED

Refurbishing Inty controller discs?

SlowCoder

I have these controllers:

post-26796-0-78079700-1334804069_thumb.jpg

The discs are either 1. worn, or 2. Have a plastic film on them. Does this normally happen to the discs? Or is it possible they had some sort of joystick stuck to them that was removed, leaving the film?

Any ideas on refurbishing the discs? I could remove the film that's there and apply a new layer. But I don't know where to get a suitable plastic sticker from that would look as close to original as possible, and provide good durability.

Ive wondered the same thing.And,while I was at Lowes one day,I noticed they sold sections of sheet metal

They came in different sizes,but they were also very thin and I thought,hmm,wouldnt take much to make the discs that are always missing,mutilated etc for Intellivison and Coleco

But,alas,as seems to be the case more and more often,I got sidetracked

But I still think the discs could be made using that type material..... ;)

I think my original controllers, didn't have a plastic film on them, but I can't check, as I sold it at a garage sale when it got flakey.....

It was pristine condition because I took care of it. I really should have repaired it. Anyhow, that being said, I have had a lot of replacement discs that have this peeling plastic thing happening.

I suggest peeling it off, and then cleaning it with some varsol/paint thinner....it works really well, and cleans them up.

I've owned 2 intellivisions since new and both came with a plastic coating over the surface of the metal discs. It eventually wears away, which looks like what's happened to yours.

I've been trying to find somewhere where you can buy replacement plastic coating, but not found anywhere so far. I think most people just peel the coating off and use the discs as they are.