IGNORED

Intellivision ROMs (getting started)

Could anyone post or link to instructions/tutorial on how to set up for playing Intellivision ROM games. I'm sure I would need some sort of emulator program and the actual files themselves (.bin?), but I really don't know where to start. I'm sure it's pretty simple, but I just don't know which to use or where to download. Thanks!

Hello!

I use an emulator called jzIntv, which runs as a "console" program (no graphical interface). It is very powerful and one of the most accurate and reliable emulators available, but requires some level of comfort with the "command line."

There are others, some with graphical interfaces, but I am not familiar with them.

As for the game ROMs, you're on your own there. Although they are old, Intellivision Productions still retains all copyrights to the games, so trafficking ROMs is not really legal.

If you own any of the "Intellivision Lives!" or "Intellivision Rocks!" game collections, you may be able to extract the ROMs from the discs. However, keep in mind that you are not allowed to use them in ways that violate Intellivision Productions ownership, or to distribute them in any way.

Some ROMs for home-brewed games are available directly from the original producers or programmers. You'll have to contact them to get more information.

Once you choose an emulator and acquire some ROMs, I can provide more assistance. If you chose to go with jzIntv, I can provide instructions on how to set it up and use it to run your ROMs.

Cheers!

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Thanks, Rev. Very good info and exactly what I was looking for. My sole purpose is just to play titles (mostly rare and homebrews) that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to obtain as cartridges. I'll start reading up on this and see where it gets me. The Cuttle Cart also looks pretty promising, so maybe I should consider that as well. Thanks again!

Thanks, Rev. Very good info and exactly what I was looking for. My sole purpose is just to play titles (mostly rare and homebrews) that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to obtain as cartridges. I'll start reading up on this and see where it gets me. The Cuttle Cart also looks pretty promising, so maybe I should consider that as well. Thanks again!

You better hurry up if you plan on purchasing a Cuttle Cart. Chad has a limited stock and is not planning on making more. It is a very good device.

-dZ.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, get a CC3 while you can...they may never be reproduced again...I think one of the Atari versions is LONG out of print...Intellivision CC3 is next.....

Glad I placed my order for a CC3 yesterday (with a little help from a friend!) Its only coz of Groovybee that I got back into the Inty & just in time it seems! :P

• Like 2

yeah, get a CC3 while you can...they may never be reproduced again...I think one of the Atari versions is LONG out of print...Intellivision CC3 is next.....

Glad I placed my order for a CC3 yesterday (with a little help from a friend!) Its only coz of Groovybee that I got back into the Inty & just in time it seems! :P

Hum, I wonder who that friend might be......:ponder:

:P