IGNORED

Another LM318N composite circuit question

Dennis Stith

After I repaired the power switch on this spare Coleco deck and replaced the 8kb of RAM with the +5V mod, the system would start up fine every time I powered it on. Now, with the LM318N taking +12V from the switch and a questionable capacitor between the LN318N circuit and GND, I have noticed that it doesn't always give me video when I power on the coleco now. So I basically somehow have reverted back to the original problem I had before replacing the RAM.

I did take out the other circuit (which is detailed on Benheck's page) before putting in the LM318N circuitry so that can't be the issue. Maybe I need to do maintenance on the power switch again or there's something funny going on with that +12V. I mean it only gets +12V to the LN318N after the power switch has been turned on and that leads me to believe that possibly there's a capacitor on that circuit that is suppose to store 12 volts so that the circuit will operate before the power switch is turned on, otherwise that 12V might not be applied to the circuit soon enough for video to display.

I'm just guessing on this. If anyone knows a work around to get the games to start better, please let me know.

Thanks