IGNORED

I just played Shamus on the vic-20

riffraff

How cool is that? ;)

Yeah I have plugged in the vic-20 for maybe the first time. Stuck in a Shamus cart, and a Commmodore joystick.

I remember seeing this game being played on, what I remember was an Atari home computer at the closest computer store to my home. I always wanted to play it.

"Boy this is easy" .. I thought thru the first 3-4 rooms, then I got whacked. I don't think the Commodore joystick is all that good for playing games ;) /excuse

Oh well, 30 years after I saw this game played I have a go. Not a bad game!

I suppose I should check out my other vic-20 games while I have this hooked up. Should be interesting to see Jeff Minter's Aggressor.

The Vic port is my favourite. The game really suits the chunky graphics. If you want Jeff Minter games I go with Gridrunner - again my favourite version of the game. And, if you can, you should check out the Atarisoft games. I love the Vic port of Moon Patrol too. :)

There seems to be a little spurt of interest in the Vic of late. I've found myself posting in quite a few threads over a couple of gaming forums. Nice to see my favourite machine getting some love. :)

There seems to be a little spurt of interest in the Vic of late. I've found myself posting in quite a few threads over a couple of gaming forums. Nice to see my favourite machine getting some love. :)

I should have tried out Gridrunner. I didn't notice it was a Jeff Minter game until after I had unhooked the vic-20.

Never got into the vic-20. I had a PC in 1980, one of the early pioneers in that category, then moved on to C-64 and later the Amiga.

Seems like a nice machine. I'll be auctioning it and about 15 games or so later today, maybe there is something you need.