IGNORED

Use that old Monitor - Atari option

I bought that exact video converter for use with a VGA monitor and VGA projector, though I don't think I ever used my 8-bit with it. It was for other composite video sources.

it worked pretty good, though it still wasn't as sharp on either my CRT VGA monitor or my LCD projector as direct video/S-video was on the LCD projector.

Also, it lasted for just under a year and died.

I use it as a paper weight now.

Yea, I can see a very negative downside to this. Cheap quality. :) My screen shot is off of a NEC 20" LCD that is 8-9 years old, state of the art when I got it.

You may get a longer life span out of it than me though, depending on how often it is used. I used mine on a nearly daily basis for several hours. I did notice on occasion that the case was quite warm when in use. Maybe less use and good airflow will make it last longer. Maybe even remove it from the solidly enclosed case with poor venting.

When and if it goes bad, check the power supply caps first. I just fixed a 20" Samsung monitor for $2 replacing 2 bad electrolytic capacitors, works like new again (that's the monitor seen on the photo a few messages back)

Mine going bad has nothing to do with the caps, the chip(s) actually malfunctioned/burned out. I can plug it in and it turns on and displays garbage graphics onscreen.

Also, note one of the main reasons I posted this was because I tried many devices to convert analog to VGA. For the price, this one can't be beat. They're not easy to find, but I'm sure a few of you already have sources and old projects doing this.

This looks identical to the one I got from monoprice. http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

Looks like you got quite a deal on yours, it's not often I see something undercutting monoprice.

Ouch $96! I didn't want to spend more than $30. At $96 you could almost buy a decent LCD TV. :)

Also, note one of the main reasons I posted this was because I tried many devices to convert analog to VGA. For the price, this one can't be beat. They're not easy to find, but I'm sure a few of you already have sources and old projects doing this.

This looks identical to the one I got from monoprice. http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

Looks like you got quite a deal on yours, it's not often I see something undercutting monoprice.

Ouch $96! I didn't want to spend more than $30. At $96 you could almost buy a decent LCD TV. :)

?!? I had to double check, but it's only $32. Where did you get $96 from?