IGNORED

Keyboard Games

sqoon

Scooby Doo's Maze Chase, Jetson's Way With Words, Mind Strike, etc. Are these only playable with the keyboard component and ECS, or can they be played with the master component alone?

Also, can someone list all Intellivision games designed for the keyboard component?

Thanks.

As far as I know, all three of those titles require the ECS. Be careful not to confuse the ECS and the Keyboard Component: the Keyboard Component was the original computer add-on for the Intellivision, while the Entertainment Computer System ("ECS") is an Intellivision with the ECS Computer Adaptor attached. Two different (and incompatible) products.

The Wikipedia page on the ECS lists the games that were designed for it; besides the titles you listed, the ones that I know used the keyboard are Mr. BASIC Meets Bits and Bytes and the unreleased Game Factory and Number Jumble. I don't believe World Series Major League Baseball used the keyboard, but I could be wrong. Melody Blaster required the Music Synthesizer.

I bought the ECS just to play WS Baseball, but I am a sports game junkie... ;-) And... I have this weird need to have anything that says Intellivision on it ...

Seriously though, I can say that my total gameplay of all of the other ECS titles cannot exceed a few hours.. I just don't like them, but that's me... my 2 cents..

I am anxiously awaiting the release of Super NFL Football :grin: this year !! (Fingers crossed!!)

In My opionion, Yes the ecs is cool. I like Scooby doo and the Jetsons the way of words, and World series baseball., or worth owning and playing. Mind strike and Mr basic meets mr bytes are good games also. There is a rumor flying That Super Nfl , may see light of day. I want that one also. Any thing Intellivision on it, i want it

Edited by atari5200dude82