IGNORED

My Old Gameroom Pictures (and video soon)

phaxda

Hi everyone,

Well I have not been on here too much lately because I've been working hard and my wife (co-manager) and I are expecting a child in August. So, you all know what that means: time to make the gameroom into a nursery. I've had a good run of it, and will be keeping most of my collection but a lot of it will now be stashed away in our newly-purchased IKEA furniture (I plan to take a pic of all that soon too) and not as much on display/being played with. So, before breaking it down, I took some pictures.

First off, my desk area or what I like to call "mission control":

post-6271-0-15456700-1335543645_thumb.png

Yes, that's a monitor mounted on the wall--you can see it was not a good week for the Sub Commanders Fantasy Baseball Team...

post-6271-0-41404300-1335544662_thumb.png

Pretty much everything within reach - the 800XL was out to test the awesome Santos Sdrive Micro, which is super-cool. Usually my Macbook Pro lives there, but everything else is a permanent fixture--or was! Love my Vectrex and Mega...

post-6271-0-23471600-1335543706_thumb.png

Here is the TV area with all loose 2600 carts. I am keeping all the carts, but the TV is up for grabs. Seriously a great TV for the classic gamer--tube flatscreen, great picture, tons of hookups, S-Video, component, I am going to miss it so! If you are in the Bay Area let me know before next Wednesday--that's when the Sal Army truck is showing up.

post-6271-0-18859700-1335543441_thumb.png

Here's a closeup of the awesome cabinet with etched videogame artwork in the glass. I love this thing!

post-6271-0-06032500-1335543927_thumb.png

Need somewhere to sit and play, of course...

post-6271-0-85424300-1335543948_thumb.png

And I like to listen to some tunes while playing homebrews!

post-6271-0-84759500-1335544243_thumb.png

This is my custom-built NES shelf made from two IKEA units--I added extra shelves at the appropriate heights to store my accidental Nintendo collection. Seriously, I never intended to collect these things! The shelf was originally in our kitchen until I got my hands on it... worked out pretty nice!

post-6271-0-61581700-1335544329_thumb.png

Finally, a sneak peek into the closet -- I'll post more of what's inside those doors soon but right now I gotta do some cleaning up and get to selling some things!

post-6271-0-84206500-1335544431_thumb.png

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, thanks for the congrats!

The little Panasonic Quintrix is 10" portable (has a built-in handle on the back) but I don't know the model offhand... it is a GREAT TV for a retro computer monitor though and the price was right (free). It is currently in the video game cabinet. Because I am on paternity leave (yay!) I'll have time to snap some before and afters.

The receiver in the closet is a homebuilt Heathkit AR-15 that was assembled by an engineer, apparently. I bought it at a thrift store that was going out of business and the woman running it said it had been in their office since the store opened in the 70s. It was $10 and from what I recall she threw in some old joysticks or something as well. The turntable is a Dual 1225 on a United Audio plinth. A great turntable that I had lovingly restored but was sold on craigslist last month. It is one of many Dual machines I have tinkered with over the years--they are beautiful record players in general but really finicky. Because I don't have the time to tinker with these anymore I am probably going to buy something new when I scrape up the cash. I did keep the receiver; I consider it part of my video game collection!

I will now have to limit my collection spending, but I do plan on playing the heck out of what I have and firing up some 2-player games on a few years or so!

I really do appreciate the nice wishes and my wife does too. She makes fun of my "little online friends" sometimes but all the best wishes from a variety of hobby boards have validated my online forays a bit. There are certainly worse hobbies to have, though that can be hard to express when trying to sort through tons of vintage gaming and audio equipment!

Hey guys, thanks for the congrats!

The little Panasonic Quintrix is 10" portable (has a built-in handle on the back) but I don't know the model offhand... it is a GREAT TV for a retro computer monitor though and the price was right (free). It is currently in the video game cabinet. Because I am on paternity leave (yay!) I'll have time to snap some before and afters.

The receiver in the closet is a homebuilt Heathkit AR-15 that was assembled by an engineer, apparently. I bought it at a thrift store that was going out of business and the woman running it said it had been in their office since the store opened in the 70s. It was $10 and from what I recall she threw in some old joysticks or something as well. The turntable is a Dual 1225 on a United Audio plinth. A great turntable that I had lovingly restored but was sold on craigslist last month. It is one of many Dual machines I have tinkered with over the years--they are beautiful record players in general but really finicky. Because I don't have the time to tinker with these anymore I am probably going to buy something new when I scrape up the cash. I did keep the receiver; I consider it part of my video game collection!

I will now have to limit my collection spending, but I do plan on playing the heck out of what I have and firing up some 2-player games on a few years or so!

I really do appreciate the nice wishes and my wife does too. She makes fun of my "little online friends" sometimes but all the best wishes from a variety of hobby boards have validated my online forays a bit. There are certainly worse hobbies to have, though that can be hard to express when trying to sort through tons of vintage gaming and audio equipment!

Congratulations on bringing your little girl into the world :)

I hear ya on that ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is another forum-appropriate picture of my "rarest and most expensive" one... (My wife loved that quip, CPU.)

Also note the "Sub Commander" beard that I am growing for the Fantasy Baseball playoffs. I really need a hat!

post-6271-0-73867600-1347775787_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...