IGNORED

Leaving my Roller Controller hooked up

Ataritard

I like to leave my roller controller hooked up to my Colecovision just for convenience. I never had a problem with using my controllers through the roller controller until the other day when I bought Defender. The first five shots I make uses all of my bombs like I am pushing both buttons. If I hook my controller straight up to the console it works fine.

Is this the only game that does this?

Defender was also one of two games that would not work properly on a Stand-Alone ADAM Computer System, IIRC Super Cobra was the other one. Hmmm, both are horizontally scrolling shooters.

Someone actually patched the Defender game to work on the Stand-Alone ADAM and we used to include the patched version on Data Pack with the CIB Defender cart.

Someone actually patched the Defender game to work on the Stand-Alone ADAM and we used to include the patched version on Data Pack with the CIB Defender cart.

Is there a .dsk or rom image available of the ADAM compatible Defender?

Edited by ed1475

I unfortunately, and might I add very stupidly, never saved a copy for myself and therefore never made a DDP Image of it. It's amazing to look back now after all these years and think of all the things I should have done and more importantly saved.

I also wish I would have made DDP or Disk Images of all the TeleGames releases of ColecoVision cart games made specifically for the ADAM Computer on DDP and Disk. I don't recall if all their ADAM software releases included the TeleGames logo boot screen, but I do recall a number of them did.