IGNORED

All black 2600 Jr. rarity?

31336haxx0r

As far as I know they made them for Canada and Ireland. I've wondered allot but there isn't a ton of info on it. I've seen them with black cart slots, and white. IIRC white is Ireland and PAL. Black was NTSC Canadian. That's as far as I know unless someone knows better. Yeah I'd say $35 - $50, they are oddities but not something people search for. Not really valuable over the price of any other JR.

The Irish port is definitely black, i've owned a number of them in the past as they are the coolest looking consoles.

Never heard of or seen a production white port 'all black' jnr. If they exist then surely they would be up towards 10 for rarity. Perhaps they were modified/interchanged to make them NTSC?

• Like 1

Perhaps they were modified/interchanged to make them NTSC?

I have two black 2600 Jr's - both were made in Ireland (per the label on the bottom) - but on one of them, someone swapped out the original PAL board with a NTSC one. The PAL and NTSC boards have the same dimensions, etc. and use the same kind of switches and flex circuit.

Both of mine also have black cartridge ports. I don't think I've ever seen a white one...

It's almost 11 pm here. I'm dead tired and have to get up early tomorrow. I have to do some other stuff right now. When that's finished, I'll see if I post pics. BTW, I had a small rainbow Jr. in the mail today, made in Ireland, with "COLOUR" instead of "COLOR"! I think I'll take comparison pics of the black Jr, small rainbow and irish small rainbow.

First, an overview. On top is the black Jr, then comes the Irish small rainbow Jr and at the bottom is the Taiwan made small rainbow Jr.

post-30812-0-55667000-1336686501_thumb.jpg

Now the backsides of the Jr's. The Black Jr and Taiwan Jr don't have warranty seals while the Irish small rainbow's is broken:

post-30812-0-91924100-1336686637_thumb.jpg

A closeup of the black Jr. Notice spelling "COLOUR".

post-30812-0-80095100-1336686676_thumb.jpg

The Irish small rainbow. Again notice spelling "COLOUR".

post-30812-0-26351800-1336686752_thumb.jpg