IGNORED

Sears Video Arcade II Power Supply help

Grig

Yes it does and then it has a rectifier inside it that converts that AC back to DC again so you can still use a DC power supply on this without issues.

Yep, although I didn't have much luck with cheapo DC Genesis 1 power supplies until I switched to a regulated one.

• 4 years later...
On 4/3/2019 at 1:59 PM, fluxit said:

it uses the same power supply as other 2600s as I recall. 9 volts DC, center pin(tip) positive, 500ma. 3.5mm(1/8") 'phono' plug.

It most definitely does not use the same power connector as regular 2600's 3.5mm 'phono' plug.     I'm here in this thread as the first stop to look for the voltage requirements.

12 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

It most definitely does not use the same power connector as regular 2600's 3.5mm 'phono' plug.     I'm here in this thread as the first stop to look for the voltage requirements.

I've worked on quite a few of these now. And I still use a Genesis model 1 power supply when working on them. The original power supply was an AC output supply, but the console has the diodes needed to rectify that AC back into DC again. Because of this you can use a standard DC power supply as well and it will work just fine. You can also use an NES power supply as that provides AC output that again, the console will convert to DC internally.

If you want to keep is  "Atari" then get a Jaguar power supply and use that. The Jag supplies are identical to the Genesis model 1. So much so, that I think they were made in the same factory and are in fact the exact same PSUs just with different stampings for branding.