IGNORED

What features should the next gen consoles have or lose?

joeybastard

The Nintendo Sticks with it thread made me think of this. I would like:

1. The next gen consoles to be compatible with their older brothers software (ala PS2 plays PS1). Especially the next Nintendo. I want an add on to play ALL of Nintendo older system carts and GC dvds.

2. I want all systems to come with 2 controllers right away. I want to play against my friends out of the box.

3. Paddles & woodgrain. 'nuff said :D

4. Built in memory for game saves on all systems.

5. More games using the lightgun for all of the systems.

6. It's fine by me if they all lose network capability, it doesn't interest me.

Thoughts anyone?

when I asked about the bba for gamecube, it seems like there's very few games out for it yet. I usually wait to see a bunch of game before I jump in.

The best feature for any new console would be better games, Dreamcast is the last console to exite me, NFL2k, NBA2k, Soul Caliber, Crazy Taxi, and Toy Commander all did it for me the first year it was out, if another console can have games that good, I'm buying.

The Nintendo Sticks with it thread made me think of this.  I would like:

1.  The next gen consoles to be compatible with their older brothers software (ala PS2 plays PS1).  Especially the next Nintendo.  I want an add on to play ALL of Nintendo older system carts and GC dvds.

2. I want all systems to come with 2 controllers right away.  I want to play against my friends out of the box.

3. Paddles & woodgrain.  'nuff said :D  

Thoughts anyone?

GameCube DVD's?!? Doesn't the GC use those little proprietary discs? That the first thing they NEED to can, and get regular DVD drives in their systems! That's one of the reasons I didn't want and still don't want a GC.

The controllers need to be revolutionary. No more thumb sticks, and joypads. I want a trackball! Not so many damn buttons either. More than 6 is too many in my opinion. And how about state of the art paddle controllers that come in multiples on a single plug ala VCS so lots of people can play at the same time. 16 player Warlords anyone! :D

The controllers need to be revolutionary.  No more thumb sticks, and joypads.  I want a trackball!  Not so many damn buttons either.  More than 6 is too many in my opinion.  And how about state of the art paddle controllers that come in multiples  on a single plug ala VCS so lots of people can play at the same time.   16 player Warlords anyone!  :D

Shit - I have been saying this for months!!! On the XB controller for example, take the right analog and make it a damn trackball. More accurate and pc gamers would adjust with no problem. Actually, I wouldn't be suprised if MS does that real soon...............

The Nintendo Sticks with it thread made me think of this.  I would like:

1.  The next gen consoles to be compatible with their older brothers software (ala PS2 plays PS1).  Especially the next Nintendo.  I want an add on to play ALL of Nintendo older system carts and GC dvds.

2. I want all systems to come with 2 controllers right away.  I want to play against my friends out of the box.

3. Paddles & woodgrain.  'nuff said :D  

Thoughts anyone?

GameCube DVD's?!? Doesn't the GC use those little proprietary discs? That the first thing they NEED to can, and get regular DVD drives in their systems! That's one of the reasons I didn't want and still don't want a GC.

That's why GC consoles cost less than PS2 and XBOX. Both Sony and Microsoft have to pay a fee in order to put DVD players in their video game systems.

The discs are actually mini DVD's but they have a proprietary branding on them that acts as a copy protection.

Nintendo doesn't have to pay the fee because it doesn't play movies and because Panasonic is paying the fee for them. :)

You know what I want? A friggin' pack-in game! remember when you could buy a console and there'd be a friggin' GAME in the box too? Sure, it was Combat (or DK if you got a Coleco), but it was FREE and you could play *something* without spending and extra dime.

That, and a free memory card too. Getting home, hooking it up, THEN finding out you can't save a game sucks. Even the stupid Sega CD had built-in memory saves....

I'm afraid, Snider-man, that we're all doomed to having those crappy demos as our pack-in games from now on. :thumbsdown:

The only way I see a pack-in game making a comeback is if it's something that highly addictive and on-line playable, thus they would suck you into playing and then get your money for joing a community. :(  They're in it for the money, and greed is a good motivator. :ponder:

ò¿ó       smile_to_atari.gif

note to self: 300th post

Wow from some of your wish list it seems like what you want is the current XBox or the future XBox2? :D

Snider-man see the XBox doesn't need a memory card so you have the option TODAY to go get a system with 2 packin games that you can play (albeit by yourself) and save RIGHT NOW!

"DVD's will play via the controller like the PS2 - Microsoft has learned this the hard way" -Jeffy HUNH?

And well my son's wish list would have to include a virtual helmet. All year he said that's what he wanted for Christmas, and even though we told him they don't make those, he was absolutely positive that Santa Claus would make it for him. On and he also wanted a magic wishing box. So cute!! :)

HUNH?
You cannot control DVD functions without the $30-$40 remote. What a jip job. :thumbsdown: Sure, you can put it in and it will run. But why can't the XBox be like the PS2 and allow controller input. :roll:

Yeah, yeah. A virtual helmet. It could be bright red...

Didn't they bury a bunch of those next to the E.T. landfill? :D

ò¿ó       smiling_to_xbox.gif

I refuse to turn this into an Xbox/Ps2/GC debate, but I need to answer Foxy, as I *knew* she was gonna post the post she posted. (Wha'? :ponder: )

Snider-man see the XBox doesn't need a memory card
This I did not know, but it makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. So that means unlimited save space on the hard drive within? Or are you somewhat limited without "extra" memory?

so you have the option TODAY to go get a system with 2 packin games that you can play (albeit by yourself) and save RIGHT NOW!
I was waiting for that. Sure, every console out there has a deal where if you buy a console, you get a game with it. Or a DVD remote. Or a whatever. I want those freebies AT LAUNCH. IN THE BOX. NOT AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT DOWN THE LINE. When the next generation comes out, let's see if there's a game in the box or for free at the register without you having to spend anything extra. Free crap now only is packed in AFTER the system's been out for a few years and everyone already has one. THAT'S what pisses me off.

And well my son's wish list would have to include a virtual helmet. All year he said that's what he wanted for Christmas, and even though we told him they don't make those, he was absolutely positive that Santa Claus would make it for him. On and he also wanted a magic wishing box. So cute!!
He should get a Vectrex or SMS. Those both had 3D "VR" applications! Amazing that 15-20-year old systems have stuff like that and we don't have 'em today.... :D