IGNORED

Sticklers?

Okay.

I recently acquired an Intellivision, a console which before this point I knew nothing about, had never considered collecting for, had never played any games on. It had been living in a basement for some years, and wasn't being used, so my friend figured I could put it to better use. It's in pretty good shape. It's the original model with the hardwired controllers - there's a little bit of naked wire on the end of the second controller, but both pads work without issue. The console required only a very modest amount of cleaning to get looking spiffy and new.

I was, however, puzzled to discover that the controllers had little joysticks on them, instead of the discs I had expected. A little reading turned up the stuff you guys already know at this point: they're called Sticklers, and I guess for the Intellivision Model they actually replace the disc instead of snapping on top of it or something. So in short, I have no discs.

I'm not a collector obsessed with having a complete, pristine Intellivision. That considered, am I okay sticking with the sticklers? That was a terrible pun. I played a little Donkey Kong with them (I know, I know, Donkey Kong on the Intellivision, I know...) and they're... not bad. They're a little loose and floaty and I'm not sure I'm used to them yet, but I think I like them more than, say, those stiff old CX-40s that came with my 2600.

I guess then, I wonder how you guys would say the sticklers stack up to the original Intellivision control discs, and whether you think I ought to go out of the way to find replacements.

In my opinion i felt that the Stickler got stuck a few times when playing Burgertime. Never tried them on any other game. Not sure how it would do on games were you need to spin around like sports games.

Some people swear by them and won't use anything else. But i don't like them as much.

I believe i have seen spare discs on Ebay is the past.

The control disks are underneath and it may be possible to pry the Sticklers off with a bit of care. Years ago I tried a set but removed them, they just did not feel right to me.

The Sticklers I had required removal of the control discs. The Sticklers were a replacement for the discs, and looked essentially like the old disc with a plastic peg about 1/2 inch thick and maybe 3 inches tall.

I guess then, I wonder how you guys would say the sticklers stack up to the original Intellivision control discs, and whether you think I ought to go out of the way to find replacements.

PM your info and I will gladly mail you some discs, then you can decide which you like better :grin:

The control disks are underneath and it may be possible to pry the Sticklers off with a bit of care. Years ago I tried a set but removed them, they just did not feel right to me.

The Sticklers I had required removal of the control discs. The Sticklers were a replacement for the discs, and looked essentially like the old disc with a plastic peg about 1/2 inch thick and maybe 3 inches tall.

Quite different to what I had at the time which was obviously a cheaper option to what you have. I recall also another type on the market many years ago that simply clipped onto the controllers making them easy to remove if you wanted to play the "traditional way"

Funny to see such a recent post on a similar topic to one I was looking for. I've got the PointMaster Quik-Stiks and was looking around, trying to price them for an upcoming sale. They snap on and can come right back off (they don't stick) like the sticklers. I thought they were okay for play, made the controller like a CV controller. BUT personally I don't like the INTV, CV, or 7800 controllers AT ALL, nor can I play them with my arthritis issues. Grip and squeeze is like jabbing the meat below my thumbs with an ice pick these days. That said, after a few years with these things I'd decided to build something custom and get rid of them. Haven't really found value information.