IGNORED

Wii HBC and Hackmii Wii-mote compatability

cimerians

Just wanted to see if ANYONE here may know what models of wii-motes there are cause I cannot find a listing anywhere.

I know of three models currently because I have them and I ran into an issue with an HBC enabled Wii and these three Wii motes each acted differently. I can post the model numbers when I get home today but these are my findings:

- Certain new Wii-Motes don't work at all with Hackmii or loaders.

- The second model I have (has a red button on the battery cap) works within HBC etc but it constantly needs to be resynced. Turn off the Wii and then the Wii no longer recognizes the WIi-Mote.

- The third model I have works fine all around.

All are official Nintendo models but different. The first one is the newest model. The other two are the older ones that do not have the built in Wii-motion plus.

I was of the understanding that the HBC had recently been updated to support the newer motes. I know that before the update I couldn't get my built-in motionplus remote to work.

Right, it actually does work on the HBC but not in some loaders. Strange but annoying.